Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thumbs-UP icon upside down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs-UP icon upside down

Using the Thumbs-UP icon choice in a new topic displays the thumbs-down icon. Any web-master type willing to consider a fix?
    (or was this a test to see if we’d notice?)

I have had that problem before. A moderator had to go in and fix it for me. I double-checked too. And I did pick the right icon.

Comment

raywjohnson Should be able to help you with this one.

Comment

I have done a few tests and did not find any issue.

I suspect this is just a interaction issue between the mouse movement, click, and the drop down select list.

Here is how it happens.

You click to show the list of icons, move the mouse down to the thumbs up icon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73831.png
Views:	145
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	570455

Then as you release the mouse button, the pointer moves up a bit and you select the thumbs down icon instead...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73830.png
Views:	128
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	570456

Click [Post] button and then notice the icon is thumbs down.

Let me know if this happens again. And if you are certain that you selected the "Thumbs Up" icon, but ended up with the "Thumbs Down" icon.

In the meantime, I will see if I can replicate the issue. Make sure it is not a real bug somewhere.

--RayJ

Comment

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          I forgot to mention that I updated your post and changed the icon to the thumbs up while testing. If you are seeing text in the drop down, then something is hiding images and show the title text. That could be a plugin on your browser. Ad blocker or similar.

• obiQsmoker
          obiQsmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          Using iPad w/Safari - IOS 11.4.1 - tried turning off Popup Blocker - no change. Icon lists only show text list. No add-in’s.

On Win10 w/Edge, works like you describe - just icons show in the drop down. Have you tested w/Safari? Other things I should try?

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          If this is only Safari, might be a setting or just the way Safari renders. It is showing the "title" text and not the background image. I cannot really test Safari, that is Apple only (iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc). I did a little Googling for info, it seems that Safari does have an issue with rendering some images as backgrounds.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here