Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right hand bar (gold medal spotlight) interfering with videos on iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right hand bar (gold medal spotlight) interfering with videos on iPad

When I watch videos in the forum, the bar on the right of the screen is only letting me see about 2/3 of the video. The part that is cut off is also the part that would allow me to go full screen, so that isn’t a solution.

Is this something on my end? Is there a setting or a swipe gesture that I don’t know about?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A5543A03-8299-4226-8240-92CD17A43505.png
Views:	263
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	551147

I don't know anything about an iPad, so I'm going to try and answer your question. There may be a way to switch from the mobile site version - default - to the desktop version. Theoretically the desktop version would allow to you choose full screen. That is how my android works.

Comment

I'm always on my iPad. That bar needs t go!!! It's a pain in my arse!!! As paying members I have no idea why we need to see that garbage! I love the pit and everyone knows that but the craziness with Apple products and especially that bar makes me nuts!!

i must say, in the pits defense my new iPhone 8plus works spectacular with the pit. The side bar thing needs to go though!

peace and love bretheren.

Comment

if you tap the video screen where the title is, it should take you to youtube
        (at least mine does)
        or maybe you are watching on C instead of F, may need to call in FireMan on this one.....

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, how did I get pulled into this. And further more, yeah, just tap and you get a FULL screen. I have only an IPad or IPhone, no computer.

On my I-pad I do not have the bar you refer to when turned to tall orientation. (I do when viewed in the wide way) try turning 90deg and see if that helps

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          I have it both ways.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya know there is a saying, "ya can’t have it both ways."

This is the first I have heard of it. We will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
          When I watch videos in the forum, the bar on the right of the screen is only letting me see about 2/3 of the video. The part that is cut off is also the part that would allow me to go full screen, so that isn’t a solution.

Is this something on my end? Is there a setting or a swipe gesture that I don’t know about?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A5543A03-8299-4226-8240-92CD17A43505.png
Views:	263
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	551147
          Can you post a link to a video where this happened? It helps a lot to see the page or post you are having a problem with.

Do you have the problem in Portrait and Landscape mode?

Comment

Comment

Alrighty then!

Made a tweak to the CSS.

Everyone please test the video. It should only be within the width of the post area.

Comment

Works fine now, thanks!

Comment

Let us know if you have any other issues. We're here to help!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here