Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about a "today's posts" button for mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a "today's posts" button for mobile?

I'm thinking one below the header next to the menu button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180531-193110_Chrome.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	508974

It would save a step, which would be nice...
    I reckon ya already know there's one in th Menu...

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I do indeed.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Kewl, brother, jus makin sure!

On your phone you could bookmark the address the Today's Posts button takes you to, and then it's always available anyway.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I do that already. But notice the number if tabs I have open in that screenshot? 42. Mostly Amazing rib from hitting my bookmark.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Both my phone, an iPud are set this way...

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what I have done for awhile now.

Mr. Bones is right. There is one. You just have to open the "hamburger menu", the 3 horizontal lines. It's minimized by default to save screen real estate.

Name:	hamburgermenumobile.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	508987

Comment

That's 2 clicks. I'm talking reducing clicks by 50%!

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Plenty of wasted real estate next to the hamburger for the single most used link.

I ain’t never!

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah but I bet you would if they put one there.

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        It is there. Just a click and another click.

50% less clicks. Ok. But it's still only 2 clicks, so... However, I'll ask RayJ if it can be placed there.

Update: RayJ (raywjohnson) says no. Because vBulletin is so complex it would require building this. This would require hours of work believe it or not, and could then introduce further issues should our menus change or should vB change something or update something. If this were a GoDaddy or Wordpress website, it'd be as simple as *add tab-- link tab to Today's Posts--click save--click publish--done*. But not so with this system.

The mobile "hamburger" menu is designed to reduce congestion on a small mobile screen, but it does require a tap to open it....so we're stuck with 2 taps.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair enough. Thanks for considering it.

Give me 2 taps give me 2 taps mister and you'll never hear from me no more.....for sure.....

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment

So if you just turn the phone sideways it magically appears, it reduces your clicks but you do have to turn the phone. Nothing in life is free

Comment

Bookmarks on iPhone replace the content of the current tab. Looks like your only other option to have one tap and not grow to 42 tabs is to switch to an iPhone. Solved.

Comment

I have my home page of my browser set to The Pit > Today's Posts. I open my browser, there it is! Just an idea.

Comment

Alrighty then!

For my peeps....

Found a simple but crude solution.

Check your mobile display (or make your PC/Laptop browser small like a mobile).

New link shows on the right.

Enjoy!

Comment

Attjack RayJ did it!

Name:	Screenshot_20180604-040738.png
Views:	198
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	510861

Comment

A true IT problem. It doesn't get resolved until 3:45 a.m.! Thanks for staying up Ray J!

Comment

Thanks raywjohnson !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here