Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble finding certain member perks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble finding certain member perks

I am on the 90 day trial and just from today I think I've seen enough to make it work the price of admission. There are a couple of things left I have not been able to track down. The first one I just want to confirm I was looking for:
    • Discounts on products we love - Which I found a couple of forums called "special deals and limited time offers" and a subcategory for members only specials. Just wanted to make sure there was not somewhere else I was misisng.
    • Pitmaster Club Merch - I cannot find any link for a shop or forum for a shop to buy Pitmaster Club Merch. Please direct me in the right direction or let me know if this is no longer a perk.
    • Side note - I have followed a few forums and I know where to find them on the website, but is there a way to get emails when there is new content either in followed threads or when someone replies to something I post?
    Thank you!

I'm new too and looking for the store

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit.

Welcome ludlowcooks what store?

Comment

I am at a loss for words.

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        That's not possible.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Well yeah, holehogg, sometimes ya know.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        lmao

Check this out: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...mugs-caps-more

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        so thats where that stuff has been hiding, I’ll now have to rethink what I need on a desert island....

As to email notifications: In the upper right corner of the screen, behind your screen name, click the little down arrow, then select User Settings. On the settings screen, click the Notifications tab and turn on whatever events you want email notifications for.

Comment

• jstjohn83
        jstjohn83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

I believe you have addressed all my concerns. Glad to be part of the group!

Comment

How long does it take to show my status go from "trial member to Club Member" I paid for membership and then the next page never loaded. On my membership it shows I've paid, and it is pending on my CC but I did not receive any email, though not sure if I would anyway, and it still says I am a Trial Member.

Comment

Originally posted by jstjohn83 View Post
          How long does it take to show my status go from "trial member to Club Member" I paid for membership and then the next page never loaded. On my membership it shows I've paid, and it is pending on my CC but I did not receive any email, though not sure if I would anyway, and it still says I am a Trial Member.
          Joshua, sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier. It looks like you've been pointed in the right direction for the most recent source for Pitmaster Club-themed apparel.

To further answer your question, as well as ludlowcooks' - we don't have a store ourselves, we don't sell anything. What we do offer by way of apparel and such is through online merchants. We have a 'storefront', if you will, through them. A special page on their websites dedicated to our design & logo.

I'll redundantly link you to the same one as Mbmorgan which covers T-shirts, mugs, underwear, baby outfits, you name it: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...mugs-caps-more
          As well as the other post where you buy the pricier but fantastic bowling shirts, and get them personalized for the same cost: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ed-team-shirts

You can find both of these currently in the Announcements channel, this is where we'll post announcements (obviously) which includes new & exciting perks like the above as well as other things. The sub-channel of Announcements is the Gold Medal Giveaway winners channel, where I'll announce the monthly sweepstakes winners.

For other deals, see the Special Deals & Limited-Time Offers channel. There's where we'll post deals we find on the interwebs that may be useful in our BBQ & grilling lives. The sub-channel there is "Members Only Specials", where we'll post deals, discounts, and specials that our marketing guru, Paul Sidoriak (allsid in The Pit here) is able to arrange with manufacturers and merchants specifically for our Pitmaster Club members only, not available to the public.

As far as your personalized alerts for folks mentioning you, commenting on your replies, etc- you can access your "Notifications" by clicking your username in the top-right of any screen, and then selecting User Settings, then from that page, the Notifications tab. There you'll see all available options for receiving notifications. Some will be inside The Pit, a big red number up by your Messages button (top-right, next to your username), some will be emailed to you. You can toggle which. To see which email address you used at signup (and therefore where the email notifications will go) Click the Account tab on that same User Settings page. You currently can't change your email, but I can. Just PM me, email me, or fill out the change email form here.

I hope this helps answer your questions. If you need anything else, see the Help section, or just post another help inquiry here in the Help & Suggestion Box channel.

Comment

• jstjohn83
            jstjohn83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

My question is and has always been, what's the difference between a Charter Member and a Club Member. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen a couple other types of members. Is their an additional cost for this, perks?

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            The answer lies in the date joined

Originally posted by SoCalTim View Post
          My question is and has always been, what's the difference between a Charter Member and a Club Member. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen a couple other types of members. Is their an additional cost for this, perks?
          Charter Member- All paying members who joined during our first year of the Club (July 2014 - June 2015).
          Club Member - All other paying members, July 2015 - present.
          Trial Member- Those in the 90-day Free Trial period.
          New Member- Brand new Trial Members, soon to be replaced with "Trial Member" or "Club Member", depending.
          Banned Former Member - bad boys or girls who got the boot due to repeated rules violations.
          Former Member- Members who've chosen to cancel.
          Membership Expired- Members who've lapsed but not officially canceled.

All other titles reflect the person's duties here in The Pit or at AmazingRibs.com. Moderator, Lead Writer, etc. A couple members have volunteered to help with the Birthday Hat program, so you'll see Birthday Hat Master around as well.

Comment

Hummmm...Former Member doesn’t sound to bad.

Comment

Rules violators get banned huh? Does that include sec. 8, par 4 violators? Well Huskee, huh?

jstjohn83 & your remark that we helped with all of your questions. That shows that you definitely belong in "the club".

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here