Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture Size for Uploads from Photo's To Posts❓

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Size for Uploads from Photo's To Posts❓

raywjohnson, Huskee, HouseHomey, While Trying to Post Temp Reading of Pic's Of My Thermapen Classic During a Temp Test of My Presto Slow Cooker❗️ Pic's Shown Below Were Impossible to Read for Selection❗️ To Add Insult to Injury V Bulleton Shuffles the Pic's❓ I don't Know If Anything Can Be Done About This PROBLEM❓ Added to This, I Can't Find a Way to Edit PM's before I Post Them❓
    Thanks for the Help Ray, From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

--
    Click image for larger versionName:	image.jpegViews:	1Size:	910.1 KBID:	467024
    --
    Click image for larger versionName:	image.jpegViews:	1Size:	905.1 KBID:	467027
    --
    Click image for larger versionName:	image.jpegViews:	1Size:	904.6 KBID:	467026
    --
    Click image for larger versionName:	image.jpegViews:	1Size:	1,011.4 KBID:	467023
    --
    Click image for larger versionName:	image.jpegViews:	1Size:	886.3 KBID:	467025

Last edited by raywjohnson; March 19, 2018, 02:42 PM. Reason: Reorder and enlarge images.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B2F3338F-37BC-49DB-A0DE-411ABA9A284A.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	467040

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW!! You have the exact same set up as Dan does. Amazing.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      SSC Works in Mysterious Ways❓ Dan

Hey Dan, is that the big one or the same one I have. I was close on the temp.

I love mine!!

In the 201 range is preferable to boiling but you you need to cook it a long time.

we could also fill it with beer and brats a poach.

Im getting hungry.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      HH, It is the Same As Yours❗️ My Corned Beef, 4# - For St. Paddy's, along with Potatoes, Cabbage/Sauerkraut and Will be My First Cook in
      It❗️ Huskee has the Same One As Well‼️ Dan

Greetings Danjohnston949,

I will do some testing and see how the image upload and attachment systems work.

I will report back with a some guidance and information.

--RayJ

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's Better Service Than I Deserve, Ray‼️ I find it Nearly Impossible to Post Pics In the Correct Order When It's Important❗️ Thanks, Dan

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ray, I didn't Mention Above I Use a iPad Mini, Several Years Old but It Has All The Bells and Whistles❗️ The Latest IOS Update and Verizon is
      Our Wireless Internet Provider❗️ I Hope This Helps You, Dan
      Ph. #: 701-200-2319

Thanks Danjohnston949 , that does help.

Important: this is for PC / Large screens. See "Apple iPad" screen shot below.

Info and Instructions (some steps are obvious, I am just being thourough).

Name:	pit-image-attach-01.png
Views:	121
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	467504

1) Select "Attachments" option

2) Click "Upload Attachments" button

3) Select one or more images... [Ok]

4) Click one of the size links to insert. Do not worry about order for now. I suggest "Small" to start.

5 & 6) Mouse over the image you want to move or resize. Drag [+] to move, Drag black square to resize.

7) When mouse is over image, hit Enter key to get advanced options.

Name:	pit-image-attach-02.png
Views:	133
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	467503

---

Ok. All good for normal screen size, pc or laptop.

But....

For small screens, the option to insert into the post, resize, and move are missing. I will see if I can fix that.

Name:	pit-image-attach-03.png
Views:	118
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	467505

Send me the order you want your images to be in, I will edit your post and organize them for you.

Comment

Ok. I have investigated iPad there are many issues with it. Too many to list here. But, you can overcome the image issue with this trick. Notes: iPad does not show advanced options for new post, iPad does not allow you to enter the / (slash), that opens a "quick find" bar (bottom of browser) for some reason.

The trick. Upload your images to a server that allows you to "hot" link to them with the IMG tag

Example: [img]https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/images/pastrami.jpg[/img]

You will have to type into a text editor and cut-n-paste it to the post. (due to the slash issue)

But you can set them in the order you want when you post.

Try: tinypic.com or imgur.com or google drive.
      Last edited by raywjohnson; March 19, 2018, 02:48 PM. Reason: Fix image link

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Forget the picture lesson, who made that amazing looking pastrami?

raywjohnson, Thanks Ray❗️ I'm Going to Have to Go Throug Your Suggestions Several Times for Me to Try Your Suggestions❗️ I'm Not the Sharpest Knife in the Drawer When it Comes to This 'Puter Crapolla‼️
      If You Want to ReOrder The Pic's on My Post the Temps & Time Should Go From Lowest to Highest❗️
      For Your Info This Post was Basically a Test of the Presto Slow Cooker Temp/Time for a Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe (a.k.a.) New England Boiled Dinner from AmazingRibs.Com, for This Weekend❗️
      🍀🍀 Thanks 🍀 Ray‼️ 🍀🍀 Dan

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        "Puter Crapolla" - LOL

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries. I went ahead and edited your post. Enlarged the images and ordered them by temp.

raywjohnson, You're The Man Ray❗️ Thank You Very Much for Your Feed Back and Help‼️ I Did Do the Corned Beef Cook on St. Paddy's Day❗️ I Had a 4# Purchased Corned Beef, With @Meatheads Jiggs Recipe, A New ThermoWorks Dot and the Presto Nomad 6 Qt Slow Cooker‼️ All Worked Great Except When I Tried To Post Hourly Updates on the "Show Us What Your Cooking Post"❓ On St. Paddy's Day I Was Able to Post the Intro, Pic's of the Set Up, Hrs. 1 & 2 & Pics and the AR's Pit Club Site Seemed to Freeze Up❓ Yesterday I Was Able to Open a Second Post and Complete My Post, I don't Know if These Two Posts Can Be Merged❓
      If I Could Impose on You I Would Appreciate It‼️
      Thanks Ray, From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        "I don't Know if These Two Posts Can Be Merged?"

They can. I will let Huskee, or one of the moderators, take care of that for you.

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a Million❗️ raywjohnson, I Don't Want to Get to Be a Real Pain in the A--kale For You‼️ Just Say So If I Am❗️ Dan

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here