Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics still not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics still not working.

I have tried all 3 methods of loading pictures, none of them work right. I have left the pictures raw, edited to other sizes etc but nothing works.

This is Fullsize and the image is 1200x675
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TestSaved.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	46314

The same pic unedited is 3264x1836, this is it with Fullsize selected

Name:	20141230_161915.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	743 Bytes
ID:	46315

This is probably a dumb question, but have you selected "Large" rather than "Fullsize"? Also, what equipment are you using? What camera and what operating system?

Comment

Tried several, the same things i've always used, Cannon camera, Samsung S4. I have tried all of the sizes.

Comment

John there is a fix I can apply. It involves creating a new account for you, merging the old account into the new account, then deleting your current account. If you want this done let me know.

Comment

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Works for me, need to spam you with my blurry, upside down pics!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          John I can apply the fix tomorrow. If you try logging in and can't, you'll know I'm messing with your account. Don't flip out or anything. lol

There's a joke in there somewhere linking you flipping out to your upside down pics... I just ain't smart enough to find it.

That is THE tiniest pic I have ever seen here. Award!

Comment

I've been having problems with my pics, too.
          • I uploaded once from my iPhone using the "Share Photos" function which produced the undesirable photo thumbnail. So I sent the pic to my iMac and edited the post uploading the same image using the "Upload Attachments" function and then inserting it into the post as "Large". It showed correctly for maybe a day and then after that it's showing a broken image icon. http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...2217#post42217
          • I had problems creating the initial thread for http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...rney-pic-heavy because:
            • When I uploaded and then inserted pics as "Large" some of them displayed super tiny (like John's example above)
            • When I tried to remove the photos and re-upload them, I started getting error messages that they were invalid (I went ahead and uploaded to photobucket and then linked to them in the post)
          • I uploaded a couple pics from my iPhone for http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...7847#post47847 but before I posted, I noticed they were sideways. So I discarded the message, sent the pics to my iMac, and tried to upload again. They were still displayed sideways even though they showed correctly on both my iPhone and my iMac.
          • For http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...spy-pork-belly, instead of using my iPhone I sent them to my MacBook and created the thread from there. This time the last pic in my post is upside down.
          Is this an issue with the vBulletin software?

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            I do the same thing Dew does to make my pics always display upright. I'm honestly not sure why the upload system likes to turn some photos 90 degrees, but what Dew says above seems to apply most of the time. Eugene I know every now and then a pic gets by that is taller than wide, but most of the time vB turns those 90 degrees.

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't crop mine, just rotate them around a full 360 and then re-save.

• eugenek
            eugenek commented
            Editing a comment
            Burn, do you mean you edit/rotate the pic on your iPhone before you upload?

I loaded some earlier today. They came through as attachments, so I deleted them and tried again. Apparently I missed lickings on the size, because when I did they loaded fine. Intermittent issue?

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            This could have been a one off problem. Can you get the issue to replicate in this thread?

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Problem did not recur, so I assume it was me. Pic loading worked fine after that.

I'm having problems too. Yesterday pictures loaded with the orientation I gave them. Today, they are rotated 90 degrees

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            If you keep having issues please replicate it here. We'll get it sorted out.

Hi Pit Boss, Here you go. All pics are coming in from iPhone sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSkimo View Post
            Hi Pit Boss, Here you go. All pics are coming in from iPhone sideways.

I have this same issue and do the same thing DEW does to correct the orientation, "On the sideways thing, I have been noticing that when I upload pics or attachments to AR the site wants them to displayed in landscape orientation. If I have portrait orientation pics, I first load them into a photo editor (I use PaperPort for this) and crop them into something that is wider than long. Usually there is enough extraneous area that you can get the part you really want to display into landscape orientation. Also, since I figured this out, I have been making sure to take photos of my cooks holding the phone in landscape (i.e., sideways) to avoid having to crop the photos.

DEW"

Comment

Mine are all pretty small still, no rotation though. That bottom pic I had posted before and it had no problem, not sure why it would now.

Name:	TestSaved.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	49124

Name:	Beef3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	49125
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Mine are all pretty small still, no rotation though. That bottom pic I had posted before and it had no problem, not sure why it would now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n49124[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n49125[/ATTACH]

John this issue I can fix. Expect things to be in much better shape by tomorrow.

Comment

John I emailed you your new ID. Can you test it out here? If it posts pics correctly I'll merge your old ID into your new one, then you should be good to go.

Comment

Testing the upside down photo…

Uploaded directly from my iPhone then edited/inserted on my MacBook.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	49387

Downloaded from my iPhone to my MacBook and then uploaded

Name:	IMG_1075.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	49388
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by eugenek; January 5, 2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Here's the same photo from my iPhone but edited/rotated 360° (and then edited/inserted from my MacBook).

Name:	image_5326.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	49390

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here