Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian area??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian area??

Hi Guys, I know that I am new to the Pit but I have been a long time user of the site... Can we get an area specifically for Australians?? That way we dont have to keep going through so many replies specific to the states.

T

What specifically are you referring to? We have dedicated Australian channels for both the BBQ Restaurant Roundup and Good Butchers channel, for locals to share places of interest.

As far as the rest of The Pit (recipes, techniques, smokers, fun stuff), we welcome a community-like atmosphere here and wish not to segregate based on geographical location. In other words, we don't want American, Australians, and Swedes all hanging out in their own channels. Wouldn't be much a Pit Nation if we did that.

Comment

You're more than welcome to stat a thread (like you did here) in a relevant channel (General Discussion, Smokers, Etc) to meet fellow Australians and talk about local stuff, products, there's nothing wrong with that. We just like everyone to feel a part of the community.

Comment

Totally understand. My suggestion would probably be the following.

Under General Discussion - Sticky Topic for Australians - Reason, As the majority of the site is specific to the states this could be an area that points out to the Australians specific areas of interest and information that is relevant to our country.

Sell/Trade - Area for Australia - This is important as many of the BBQ's sold in the states cannot be shipped to Australia and anything that uses electric requires safety requirement testing and c-tick administration for use otherwise you cannot insure against issues etc etc...

Other than that everything is cool, but coming from an Aussie whom uses this site regularly sometimes it is quite daunting considering the amount of topics and information that is available from the states and we cannot access here in OZ...

T

Comment

Gotcha. I bet that would get old when most things are from the other side of the world from you. Let's see what Pit Boss thinks... hang tight...

Comment

Hahahaha....somewhat..... BBQ in Australia is so far behind the states it isnt funny. My best mate lives in Atlanta and I had the pleasure of eating at Fox Brothers in Georgia.... This is when I realised that I had no idea on BBQ.....

That being said trying to get relevant info for Australia is quite frustrating...Also when you realise that we have very few options on good BBQ's as well is annoying to say the least. No point importing something either as the electrical standards are so different on all products (Makgrill as example)...

T

Comment

You bring up some valid points. I'm seeing the picture clearer. An avenue to discuss with your 'peers' so to speak about how to rectify this situation seems in order!

Comment

Veritas you can start a thread anywhere you feel it's relevant to what you want to discuss. If it gains traction we'll sticky it. I'm honestly not sure if we have enough Aussie members to do what you're wanting to do, but it'll be fun finding out!

Comment

Welcome aboard Veritas

Comment

Aequitas should be joining us shortly...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here