Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird acting node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird acting node

In my messages I see there is a new posting on the "Meet the Team" item I'm subscribed to. When I click on the link, https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/node/453674, I'm given a message welcome to the pit message and invited to sign up or login. However, I'm already logged in and not having issues with any other link. I'm running macOS Sierra(10.12.6) and Safari(11.0.2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	welcometothepit.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	457307

I had that happen to me yesterday when I went to check on my messages. Just closed it down, came back, problem gone. I am not savvy with technology.

Comment

I am investigating this issue.

Since the problem seems to be intermittent, my initial (and my usual) suspicion is a cache and/or cookies.

Could also have just been a temporary network or server issue (slowdown or unexpected error).

I will see if I can recreate the issue and fix it.

Comment

Just tried the same node from another Mac using Chrome and I get the same response. I logged out and back into the site on my Chrome browser and I still receive the message. I'll try clearing cache in the browser and see what happens.

Comment

I cleared the cache in Chrome, logged out of the website, restarted Chrome, logged back into the website, and I still receive the same message on that one specific node.

Comment

Just for good measure I tried in Firefox on my Mac as well. I received the Welcome page then I logged out of the Pit in the browser, cleared cache, removed all cookies from amazingribs.com and restarted my browser. Logged back in to the site and browsed to the troublesome link and received the same Welcome and login page.

Comment

Thanks for the excellent testing and info. I have note been able to emulate (tried on FF and Chrome).

I am looking over the site permissions to see if there is something not set correctly.

Comment

Clearly this isn't an important issue but appreciate you looking into it. More details.

If I start at the main Pit starting page(https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum) then click on the Sub-forum Meet the Staff! and click on the Sticky: Meet the Team I can read the post, https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-meet-the-team At least I think that's the same link.

Comment

I always said follow the cache and cookies and you will find your answer!
                  (sorry, I could not help myself...)

Comment

This has been happening to me for a couple of months. Only when I click on a notification though. No biggy. It splits after a bit. All good!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here