Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching this site

Searching the Pit can be frustrating. I knew there was another way to search, so I googled it. Anyway the results were mixed, but you might get different results from what you would get searching this site.

Here's how you do it in the google search box on google:

1 - type "site:"
    2 - hit the spacebar once
    3 - type "pitmaster.amazingribs.com"
    4 - hit the spacebar once
    5 - type your search term, (example pid)
    6 - hit enter

So it would look like this:

site: pitmaster.amazingribs.com pid

The results will be displayed just like a normal google search, but they will all be from amazingribs.com or pitmaster.amazingribs.com.

That's useful. I struggle with the site's search tool as well.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I don't know, advanced search using key words always seems to work for me. A search engine is a search engine, just have to be specific. Garbage in garbage out.

One thing I would like to see is some way in my profile to show me a listing of posts that I have started, not just ALL posts I've made. That way I can go back and look at what I did say 6 months ago that I may have forgotten (don't keep good records often enough). Right now I can key word search and find it but have to wade through several posts to do so.

Comment

A little extra info and insight.

The Google "Site Search" feature has a trick.

If you search with a space between the "site:" and "pitmaster.amazingribs.com", you can results from both amazingribs.com and pitmaster.amazingribs.com.

click site: pitmaster.amazingribs.com help

Now try the same search without the space, only pitmaster.amazingribs.com.

click: site:pitmaster.amazingribs.com help

Only a few results. That is because Google cannot index most of pitmaster.amazingribs.com. Only the publicly accessible areas and pages. But none of the threads or posts.

The good news is that the built in search has good functionality. On the advanced search page, click the "Search Tips" link and you will see some info that will help filter your search results.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bv-adv-search.png Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	442775
          Last edited by raywjohnson; January 21, 2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

raywjohnson, Your Local "Village Puter Idgittt" Has Come With Another PIA for You! See The Attached Screen Shot❗️ Every Time I Try to Potkettleblack 's Post in Messages It Transfers Through to The HomePage❓❓ From There I can either Sign On, Register or . . or, If I Page Back I End Back in Safari❓
            From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	146.9 KB ID:	445465

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              @Potkettleblack❗️ Don't Do That Buddy❗️ You're Posts and Comments Are Valued Here in the "PIT CLUB"❗️
              From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Plenty of sous-vide-que guys on here and elsewhere PKB, we got your back. Hang in there and stick to your true convictions.

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              I will put this on my todo list. Once a comment was deleted, you it should not have display, even as "-1 others". Another bug to squash!

Thanks raywjohnson

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              You are most welcome!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here