Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Today's Posts" button missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the meantime, here's the link to Today's Posts, in case you want to save it Today's Posts

Comment

Opened the forum this a.m. and it was like trying to drive a car without controls . Eventually found "Today's Posts" in the sub forum but I can't post the language I used to praise y'all at first .....

Comment

It disappeared on me a few times last night also.

Comment

I kept clicking the "Forums" button instead of "Today's Posts" this morning. Then I realized the buttons had moved from their normal positions.

Comment

I see it's back! Sweet!!!

Comment

Now if we could only work on Like'ing a comment....

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                And being able to add pictures in comments.

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment

Comment

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                You tell 'em crazy dude! Open up your window stick your head and SHOUT it! 😊

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                See there, how quick Jon fixed that??!!

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!

Trouble, trouble

Worked well enough on internet explorer on a pc this afternoon.

NOT working on safari on a MacBook tonight.

*** B*U*M*M*E*R ***

Comment

Th' saved shortcuts on all my devices open AR to "Today's Posts"

Comment

Alrighty then!

Found and fixed the issue. Please check your various browsers and devices. Let me know if the navigation sub bar is still missing.

For any wondering about the development process that jgg85234 spoke of, we do have a full development install that is used for changes, fixes, update, upgrades, and testing, before going live.

The navigation bar changes worked perfectly on the development install and testing did not reveal this issue. There was a very subtle difference in the menu settings that caused the system to not render the sub bar links on the home page.

With just a few developers/testers it would be near impossible to find all bugs all the time. If we had a large group of dedicated developers/testers, bugs would be less likely, but not eliminated entirely. We depend on good feedback from members when they spot a problem.

Thanks everyone for the good feedback!
                  Last edited by raywjohnson; January 18, 2018, 08:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                    fuzzydaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Many thanks to you!

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanx for the quick fix!

• Aimless1
                    Aimless1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Truly appreciate your hard work. Working fine on Safari/Macbook this morning.

raywjohnson

Thanks for all the work your doing. Since you came on board the forum has never been cleaner, smother, better! Your hard work is more than apparent! Your response time is amazing. Your interaction with us is fantastic. Hats off to you sir. Things are so much better now.

Thanks so much!

CC:
                  Huskee
                  Meathead
                  Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 19, 2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Say It Again Jon❗️ Well Said and Well Deserved‼️ I Wonder if Meathead Doesn't Keep raywjohnson Tied To a Stake by His Keyboard ❓ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• raywjohnson
                    raywjohnson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are all very welcome. I am here to help. And I enjoy the work! Plus I am learning many things about BBQ. Bonus!

raywjohnson Great job RayJ. You were on it so fast I didn't even know there was a problem. The only thing I noticed that was different was that the Today's Posts button had moved over one position to the right on the nav bar, which is not a problem as far as I am concerned. Thanks again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here