Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member locations

Is there a way to display member locations under their usernames? I know I am continually clicking on people's names to view their profile just to see where they're located. A lot of people don't fill in this information, which is cool, but personally I'd like to see those who do fill it in have it displayed with their posts so we can quick-reference when people inevitably mention temp and conditions outside - since it is so relevant to outdoor cooking.

Just a thought.

Not sure on that, but raywjohnson would know. It would have to be contingent on if the member filled that info in, so it doesn't populate it from their 'hidden' address on file if they didn't want it to.

Comment

I suppose we could add it to the signature file -- that way it is obvious that someone wants their location to be public and it is available in the post...

Comment

Right, I figure if they have it in their public profile, then they wouldn't mind it being under their name. An assumption, I suppose, but I would think it's a pretty safe one? Lots of folks don't have a location listed on their profile when you click on their username.

It's not a big deal, I just don't know people all that well, and am continually clicking on usernames to see the location. Maybe I'm weird. lol. Ok, well, I KNOW I'm weird, but maybe this is just one more way I'm weird.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a secret. No one knows where I live.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea no one knows you live in Huntington Beach Cali. BTW that burger is off the charts ......

The "Location" field is a non required custom profile field. That means if a member never fills in the info, nothing is displayed. I can add a template and hook (plugin) to cause the Location to display (if not blank) under the "Posts: ##" info,

Comment

• Baltassar
          Baltassar commented
          Editing a comment
          No kidding. Wow.

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          Brilliant!

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanx a bunch raywjohnson.

Yes! Now I know where I live. Cheers!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't live there, you visit there and drink whiskey and cook 680lbs of meat in a week and then bolt.

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Very true Huskee

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Who gives a rip where I live?

I like it. Great suggestion.

Comment

Yay! I actually contributed something worthwhile to something! lol

I mean, I didn't actually DO anything, just suggested it. Took someone else to accomplish it... but I'm happy! Thanks raywjohnson !!!

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            For reals though.... that pretty cool and how fast that happened. Nice work!

Ok, let's see if this works.

Uummmmm. Is there a way to get me $500,000.00 and make me a winner for the monthly giveaway.
          i think it would be very useful to me. 😎

Clicking my heels now.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve R. At work and cracking up!!! Bwahahaha people are looking at me weird.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            BBQRapper HouseHomey ROFL!!!

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            People looking at you weird is a normal reaction when they see you.. HAHAHAHA.

Thanks for doing that, raywjohnson! It's a useful feature that I didn't even realize was needed.

Comment

Nice touch! That little addition will spark a whole new level of communication between members. One application of the term "well done" that is acceptable here.

Comment

I think it's a great thing to have here. You might just find someone lives near you. Nice way to make friends, share cooks ect...

Comment

I think I’m gonna delete where I live, cuz, I don’t give a rip.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just go listen to that meditation utube.

This is a wonderful addition to the Pit! Thanks for the suggestion and the implementation!

Comment

Awesome suggestion, and implementation!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here