Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?? Mark Channels Read ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?? Mark Channels Read ??

Clarification please. The two red bars at the top of the page. The one marked "Mark Channels Read" and the Mark Channel Read that I see at the bottom of various pages in the forums and subforums. I presume (yes, I know what happens when you presume or assume), that in the forum will update the forum to all read. What will the Mark Channel Read at the top red bar do for me? Mark everything read?

I'm not sure if there's a difference, or if MCR is even working correctly. I don't use it. I'll have to defer to RayJraywjohnson for this one

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never had th' temerity, or unmitigated nerve, gall, an' audacity to push that button.
      Too afraid y'all would go away!

Greetings NWDave

In this case, your assumption is correct.

"Mark Channels Read" ( top menu tab ) will mark ALL channels as read.

"Mark This Channel Read" ( link below list of posts in any channel ) will only mark the channel you are in as read.

"Mark Channels Read" ( link below list of sub channels in any channel ) will mark the listed channels as read.

--RayJ

Comment

• NWDave
      NWDave commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda figured that. Spent way too many years teaching apprentices and junior enlisted to keep their fingers away from "that" button. Most of them have the attitude of: here, hold my beer, watch this..... Now, it's even worse with computer access.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here