Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really? Your emailing me ads now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question, I know you are working on a longer term solution for users to set more specific preferences. However, until that can be implemented is there a way to ensure those of us who are interested don't miss out on a short term deal? I'd hate to miss out on a Thermoworks, Weber, etc deal because you had to wait for Hot from the Pit to come out. Or will those type of short term deals be placed in a special place in the forums? Maybe they already are and I'm overlooking them.

Comment

Crying shame, I love to receive money saving e-mails. Especially on products I'm interested in. On my e-mail it's two clicks of the mouse to delete, or two click's to mark spam how hard is that? Now i have to search for the deal's these folks, work so hard to get us. Crying shame, moderator's have to deal with such ........................

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you and yes I’m sure Meathead and the mods has to deal with people like this a lot. I can’t believe they kneel down for the very few that does whine.

Originally posted by phoccer View Post
      Quick question, I know you are working on a longer term solution for users to set more specific preferences. However, until that can be implemented is there a way to ensure those of us who are interested don't miss out on a short term deal? I'd hate to miss out on a Thermoworks, Weber, etc deal because you had to wait for Hot from the Pit to come out. Or will those type of short term deals be placed in a special place in the forums? Maybe they already are and I'm overlooking them.
      phoccer Huskee created a thread for special offers and deals. I believe this is the link:
      Here's where to post special manufacturer deals from around the industry- thermometers, grills, smokers, meat suppliers, apparel, cookware, you get the idea. Members can post deals here on cooking gear & accessories too! Please use the "For Sale, Trade, Wanted" channel to post used gear for sale.

I will be posting exclusive pitmaster club member offers here as well as offers which are non-exclusive to the forum for products we love and think members should know about. Whenever possible, I work hard to solidify a members-only deal or at least give members a first look or first chance to purchase something manufacturers are excited to release. Recently, manufacturers and I have been discussing "adding value" to an item where they include additional accessories or upgraded features so they can maintain list price, but still, give forum members a solid deal with added value.

This is an ongoing thing, and I am always open to messages, ideas, or suggestions to pass along to manufacturers. My email is [email protected] if you or anyone have suggestions.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep the deals going 😊👍

• phoccer
        phoccer commented
        Editing a comment
        Following! Thanks!

Ya can't please 20,000 people all of the time, no matter how good your intentions.

Comment

Huskee, Meathead, allsid, et al.
        True professionals, and very diplomatic in dealing with this "issue" in an such a transparent manner, and taking the high road. Thankful for this forum, and the site. Glad to be a member, and only been hear a very short time so far.

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." -WC Fields

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you good sir. And that's one of my favorite quotes!

Can we take into consideration that the person who started this thread is apparently no longer a member?

Comment

• BourBonQ
          BourBonQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope he, or she, finds some peace.

I agree with Steve R. All the handwringing & attempts at appeasing one lone, loud complainer was really unwarranted. Problem was solved while we were discussing & trying to fix the perceived social boo boo. Much ado about nothing. I say carry on!

Might I remind everybody, we even took a poll & it was obvious how all felt, even though it was rigged.

Comment

OMG, all the crap goin on in this world and we are supposed to care about spam from the pit?
          PLEASE!

Comment

• phoccer
            phoccer commented
            Editing a comment
            What spam? I recall seeing an email about getting a deal on a PK 360.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here