Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really? Your emailing me ads now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Your emailing me ads now?

NOT COOL in the least. I don't care what justification you try to sell me. I was told no spam when i joined. I expect you to uphold your end!!!

If it is of any assistance to ya', down near th' very bottom of that email from AR/ConstantContact, mine has a link to unsubscribe my email address.
    Hope this is of some help, an' be safe, out there on th' road!

Comment

TheCountofQ Are you referring to the newsletter about the Pit Members-only PK360 pre-release sale? If so, I'm sorry you feel this is spam. It's a special deal worked out by our own Paul Sidoriak to give Pit members first crack at $130 off this newly released cooker. Special enough that we felt members would like hearing about it.

If these newsletters bother you, as Mr. Bones said you can unsubscribe....but you'll miss future special deals as well as the HOT from The Pit newsletter, soon to be released for this month.

Comment

Hey Huskee - I was glad to get that email even though I'm not gonna buy one.

Comment

I think those newsletters are rigged! Or, or order pizza. Wait a minute. What post am I in?
          Hmmmm, am I supposed to be mad or, or am I supposed to say "I love you man" to EdF or, or
          I guess I better reread everything and straighten out my response. Never mind!
          Last edited by FireMan; October 23, 2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

кто-нибудь видел мои ключи от машины

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              это был ты все время, не так ли?

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Jon your F... ing killing me!

• Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha.. nice one..
              *thumbs-up*

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
            I think those newsletters are rigged!
            I do too!! While I LOVED the email, Moonbeam on the other hand did not! If I never make another post on this foru

Comment

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              Uh, oh! lonnie mac has been cut off!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Marco!!

Wait a minute, we’ve got this post & directly under neath at the moment is "Thank goodness for the Pit". Whats goin on here?

Comment

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              все будет хорошо. просто нажмите ссылку

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, Jon Solberg , a little love goes along way!

I don’t feel like it is spam. I like knowing what’s going on in The Pit. Can’t wait till I get home to try that new PK360 grill out.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
              I don’t feel like it is spam. I like knowing what’s going on in The Pit. Can’t wait till I get home to try that new PK360 grill out.
              I know where you live. I just might make the drive to unbox it for you. Where's your spare key? I'll likely need a beer.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles if you're offering

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles how far are you. I don't know what to think of this post. Valid points on both sides. I'm punting for a minute. I'll be back.

• shush
                shush commented
                Editing a comment
                I could drive there in 10 hours... Let me know when the unboxing has occurred. I can bring the beer!

Huskee I just checked the emails I deleted earlier and there were 25 that are lumped into the catagory that AR is. Places I've visited and signed up with none many of which promised no spam except.... if I agree by selecting blah blah blah.

I personally did not mind the email and look look forward to the next one. So, unless we checked a "yes I agree to the emails" then the offer is "spam." Just because I like it does not mean it's not spam. This is on a very basic level of which. Am basic. I don't recall checking such a box.

The count has has a valid point. Ar has always been true to their word and I can see why the offense to people. If you sent me an email for diet pork roast and ribs I think it might be spam.what if I don't want to unsubscribe from the newsletter but don't want special offers?

im sorry Huskee but it's spam. If I had to trust anyone to send me "Spam" I would trust you and AR to send it to me. I would not trust my own mother to control spam but I would you. I'm sorry to be Swiss here but I was not offended and wanted to validate and honest point.

Count. I see and agree with your point.

Erik

Comment

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the idea that this is "Special Offers." And that we should have an option somewhere to not get "Special Offers". I happen to like "Special Offers", and would not opt-out, but TheCountofQ should be able to opt-out...

I need to go buy some SPAM and fry it up with some eggs! Be right back....

No, this is spam and er...............Corn. Click image for larger version

Name:	DA9F2003-B783-4C54-9AB1-0DAEA677F7C7.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	400520

Comment

I never thought our members would view things we try to arrange for them and notify them of as spam. Point taken. Let us think of a happy solution.

Comment

• Cheef
                  Cheef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My solution would be to ignore ungrateful whining.
                  But that's just me.

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
                Huskee I just checked the emails I deleted earlier and there were 25 that are lumped into the catagory that AR is. Places I've visited and signed up with none many of which promised no spam except.... if I agree by selecting blah blah blah.

I personally did not mind the email and look look forward to the next one. So, unless we checked a "yes I agree to the emails" then the offer is "spam." Just because I like it does not mean it's not spam. This is on a very basic level of which. Am basic. I don't recall checking such a box.

The count has has a valid point. Ar has always been true to their word and I can see why the offense to people. If you sent me an email for diet pork roast and ribs I think it might be spam.what if I don't want to unsubscribe from the newsletter but don't want special offers?

im sorry Huskee but it's spam. If I had to trust anyone to send me "Spam" I would trust you and AR to send it to me. I would not trust my own mother to control spam but I would you. I'm sorry to be Swiss here but I was not offended and wanted to validate and honest point.

Count. I see and agree with your point.

Erik
                Spam is unsolicited emails/offers, typically from untrusted sources. You're all paying members here. Our members allow us to contact them with account-specific emails and newsletters unless they unsubscribe, so we're not unsolicited. And we're not sending emails out for our gain. We get nothing from the PK360 sale, it was something created for our members, negotiated with PK themselves. You can unsubscribe if you view our communications as spam or "unsolicited" ads, anyone can. Just know that our intent is only to offer perks and values to our members. We can't control how this is received or interpreted. That being said, let us think on this and maybe we can limit these announcements to Pit-only posts. Of course this will rule out MANY who don't log in to The Pit, but if that's what the members want. Mh & I and Paul will have to weigh this out.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kmhfive Yes. But EVERY. SINGLE. POST. & COMMENT in that channel would give you an alert. There's no way that I'm aware of currently to get an alert for only topics started here.

• kmhfive
                  kmhfive commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Of course, Huskee , you are right. Just brainstorming. Maybe some random synapse will fire that generates a solution! Now, where did I put my Scotch?

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kmhfive all I have are random synapse. I need those.

It didn't bother me since I get so many crap emails from actual spammers that are of no value. But maybe if such offers were posted here in the Pit, that would be a good solution. If members don't ever login, well... that's on them.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They always are posted here in The Pit. However, we were really excited about what Paul was able to negotiate with PK just for our members, so we wanted to make sure everyone was aware.

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Clearly I haven't been been paying attention, then. Disregard and keep up the good work!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here