Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do embed (?) a video in a post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do embed (?) a video in a post?

Hello all - I've noticed some people can embed a video in a post instead of just a link pointing to a shared video. How do you do that? Spinaker Jon Solberg

You need to have a place to host the video. Youtube, Vimeo. There are others. You upload the video there then link it in your post. There is a feature in the post area here that lets you drop in the address and it links it for you from the host site.

Comment

Ok Jon Solberg , now explain to an old feller what you just explained.

And while yer at it, how come every time I type your name I get only Jon, no disrespect to Jon?
      Last edited by FireMan; October 22, 2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Typing in member names in the Comments box is treacherous at best!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        DW, didn’t work.

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a crazy work around for this. Type the @ username in the comment and post it. Open the edit comment and cut the now php coded username. You will see whet I mean. Then delete that comment and open a new one. Paste the code in then write your comment. It’s not as bad as it sounds to do.

FireMan

Thanks Jon. I am trying You Tube now. I'll learn what I don't know then try to learn it.

Comment

Comment

Jon Solberg You are the best!

Comment

Ah! That would make the perfect ring tone for my phone alarm every morning!

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha! Ha! Too bad I haven't figured out how to post scratch and sniff!

• lonnie mac
              lonnie mac commented
              Editing a comment
              Alright brother. Post up some more vids and Ill have to sub your new channel!

Mudkat, play it longer & I will put it on my reel to reel & listen to it.

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Heh! Heh! Might be easier to just go sizzle you own batch!

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              hey FireMan
              I hear the internet comes on computers now.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here