Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures too large to view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures too large to view

In some posts, the pictures are too large to view without using the scroll bar. Is there a setting I can make in my account so that I can view these pictures without scrolling? These are pics in other folks posts.

I found clicking on them brings them into more viewable size.

Comment

Yes, that works. Thanks. Any way to constrain it so it appears in the size of the post box?

Comment

Maybe resize the photos before posting them?

Comment

Blame both Microsoft and Apple. They have raised the resolution on their devices, and, for example, anyone posting directly from an iPhone or iPad will end up with the higher resolution.

Only alternatives I can think of (I think it's a pain on my workstation as well)

1. Get a higher resolution monitor (and video card if necessary) to support greater vertical resolution. Many new computers could support it, but the monitors don't.

2. Tell everyone to resize their photos to max of 1024x768 before uploading them. That's the max size that would fit in the Window of the BBS stream anyway. 800x600 is better for pictures on a BBS site. But, most tablet users don't really have much to resize them with.

3. Get vBulletin to automatically do the resizing and limit the maximum to what is still the basic standard for desktops (1920x1080)

FYI, in screen resolution, it's the second number that sets the number of pixels going vertically.

When people do upload a picture, there's something of an edit. It allows you to choose what size picture you are going to display. If no option greater than "large" were available, we wouldn't have this issue.

Best regards,
          Jim

Comment

jgg85234 Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have a high res monitor, 24", so that is not the problem. Looks like I will have to click to open and view and the close to go back to the post.

Comment

• jgg85234
              jgg85234 commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not the size, its the resolution. Many 24” monitors max at 1920x1080. You need vertical resolution of 1500 or 2048 to fit those giant photos on the screen

To check a Windows PC just right click on the desktop and click screen resolution on the popup menu. That will tell you where you’re at.

• jlazar
              jlazar commented
              Editing a comment
              I max out at 1920 x 1200.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here