Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Page numbering is catty wumpus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page numbering is catty wumpus?

The last few days, I have noticed (on laptop and phone) that when you are on page number one of 'todays posts', the navigation page numbers at the bottom are wrong.

On page one, the page numbers are '1' and '3' (then, of course the next page arrow). Page two is missing. If you click the next page arrow, you get to page two, and the page numbers are correct at the bottom. In fact, any page but page one, the numbers are correct. When you go back to page one, we're back to the missing two.

Anyyone else noticing this, or am I losing my mind?

Yeah, I've noticed it for a couple weeks.

Comment

I thought it was just a new way to save bits, bytes, or whatever.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Right.

You have the "next" tab. There is no need for them to list "2" because "next" already takes you there. I am guessing there is a reason for it. But it doesn't effect performance so I never gave it much thought.

Comment

My guess is they are showing you what page you are on(first number) and the total pages of comments(second number), i.e. you are on page 1 but there are 3 pages of comments, then you are on page 2 with 3 pages of comments. That way you always know what page you are on and the total pages of new comments.

Comment

I can't count that high anyways.

Comment

yeah, I have noticed the same thing. Is it going to be fixed ? This is a really strange glitch, it shows me that I am on the 1155th page. I really don't understand why is it happening. It's not bothering me too much, but I still think that it should be fixed. By the way, 1155 is a very powerful number, and I am starting to think that it's some kind of sign. I have read on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-1155-meaning/ that it's an angelic number with a hidden meaning. How do you think, is it real?
            Last edited by leila_mcdonald; April 8, 2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you post a screencap of where you're seeing this error?

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep. It will be fixed. But I need to know what page you are seeing this. Where do you click to get "Todays Posts" ? Is this the Recent Posts page? Can someone take a screen shot of the problem. I will check it out.

It's not a bug....it's an undocumented feature,

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here