Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with "Private Messages"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with "Private Messages"

I had 7 messages when I logged on a few minutes ago. No problem with 6 of them, but when I tried to open one, it said that you must be logged on first to view. When I log on I get:

"That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

I did not delete the message in case it might help.

I also went through "Todays Posts" and that post is not there, so it must be older.

It appears that the private messaging function has a problem this evening. In any prior messages in my mailbox I can't see any text. Trying to create a new PM works until I add any content beyond the subject line. Then it says "You are not authorized to view this page" after I try to send it.

Best regards,
    Jim

Comment

Thanks for reporting, Jim. Yes there appears to be some glitch, I am getting the same thing on my end.

I received a message from a member and it came through 5 times and all 5 of the identical messages said they were from ME, myself! Sumptin's up! I will pass this on to IT if it doesn't clear up by tomorrow. Hopefully just a passing cobweb.

Comment

Trying to send one to you!

Comment

Huskee Cobwebs?? Shoooott, that's what's holding my 22" together and my old wood fence before the block wall. Just saying, cobwebs have my vote. Messing around...

Comment

See, they're tough buggers, dem cobwebs.

Comment

Are you sleep typing again?

Comment

I've gotten reports that there's still something fishy going on. Members have said they've received a notice that either: a) they're not allowed to send a message to me, b) they're not authorized to perform that action (when trying to PM me, or perhaps anyone), or c) My inbox is full. Yet some PMs do make it through so my inbox isn't actually full. A similar thing may be affecting you all as well. I'll let IT know something is up.

If anyone needs to reach me and PMs don't work, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Comment

Good. I thought, for a moment, you guys had finally had enough of me!!

Comment

LOL paranoia

Comment

I get similar when I try to PM lonnie mac, they get bounced...
                      I can try again, if th' exact error msg would be useful to clearin' th' 'cobweb'

Comment

Likewise I must add. I had PM'd Mr. Bones a pretty long post and it went into the either land. Once I was able to retype half the words I said the first time, ha, I am sure it didn't make much sense!

I also PM'd Huskee a hundred bucks to put me at the top of the monthly drawing list. I never heard a thing back.

Comment

Email me, that'll work I promise, hahahahaha!

Comment

lonnie mac and anyone who has ever lost a post

if you're writing a post or a PM and something goes wrong and it doesn't get posted, back out and start again. The web site will usually tell you that data has been saved. You can restore or discard the saved text. Might not be all of it but it is usually most of it. Of course you do have to pick the restore option😀

Over the years I have learned that if it is a big post I copy and paste it to Word before I press Send

best regards,

Jim

Comment

This is what I get, when I try to PM lonnie mac:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PM Error.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.4 KB ID:	356504

First time it happened, some time ago, I let him know about it, and he was pretty certain he had not set any such restrictions, so we're both summat baffled...
                              I don't know if this is relevant to what's goin' on now, but thought I'd post it, jus' in case...
                              Thanks, Mods! Y'all do a bang-up job, here, an I greatly appreciate it!!!
                              Oops, Thanks, IT, as well... my oversight!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here