Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to Upload Image (about half the time.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Upload Image (about half the time.)

About half the time in the last month, when I try to upload a photo I get an error message. In the most recent post I made in the stick burners section, I uploaded a photo sucessfully, then tried to do another and it failed. Repeated attempts also fail.

Trying again here to see what happens...

Nope failed again: Image thumbnail creation failed from JPEG. 2017-06-03 22.32.01.jpg

I'm using Firefox on Windows 10. Tried with Chrome, and got the same result.

Anyone else having trouble? This is highly frustrating.

I've found that editing the pictures and resizing them a little bit(99%), saving and uploading generally works. There probably are easier workarounds, but I haven't bothered trying anything else.

Comment

Mettius,
      As edible hen mentions, try to resize the photos.

Comment

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S8 and I always get an error message, something about the extension doesn't match something or other. I started just uploading to photobucket and linking the URL and it's all good now.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I use the edit trick. The Samsung cameras produce pics with a jpg file extension, but editing programs identify the format as something else. So if you have an editing app on your computer, just change the file type to JPEG and save it. The forum software then doesn't get confused.

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I take all my pics with my phone and then upload them from there. I almost never transfer them to my computer. That would make it easy, but it's usually a spur of the moment decision when I post a photo.

The edit trick is the only way I've been able to upload.

Comment

I'm having problems also. It will allow some pictures, other will say corrupted. But the corrupted photos and can see in my PC and share with other friends.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here