Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new - might have missed it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new - might have missed it

Hello all,
    I just signed up a few hours ago and am loving what I'm seeing so far. I was browsing the forum and headed straight for the charcoal section. I noticed there were a few dedicated sub forums - this is where my question comes in. Is there a way I, you, or we can setup a dedicated Weber kettle sub forum? I know that I can browse around and find Weber stuff, I was just wondering if it was possible or not?

Thank you in advance,
    -Dan

Hi Dan and Welcome to the "Pit Nation". Lots of Weber Kettles folks here and you will find them almost anywhere. I am sure one of the moderators will be along shortly to give you a more specific answer. I don't have a Weber Kettle but have learned a lot from those that do.

Comment

Dan welcome to The Pit! We're glad you're here. When you have a minute, please check out the Welcome and Announcements channel. You'll see my welcome post, a tips thread (tip #1 is to die for) and a thread on how to post photos. They'll get you started right!

We have several sub-channels that were created based on member interest. That's how the "kamado cookers", "PBC", etc.. sub-channels were created. My only ask of these members is that they commit to populating the channel with useful information specific to their cooker. Check out the PBC channel for an idea of how this can look. We've not had a request yet to start a kettle sub-channel. If we get enough members interested we'll create it. Perhaps you'll be a contributor!

Comment

You can count me as interested in a Weber Kettle sub forum.

Comment

I will help where I can in a kettle sub-channel.

Love to have some interaction with the Napoleon folks as well. (they got to run the same right?)

Comment

You can count me in!

Comment

Ok. I'll make a deal. You guys gives us a good how to thread on the kettle, and I'll create the channel and move the thread over to it. A good Vortex thread would be good if any of you have one... Just throwing out an idea. Up to you to come up with whatever you want to do.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Gotta love a challenge.

Maybe you folks can make a thread for someone considering venturing into charcoal what is the first Weber to be recommended and the ends and outs of getting started.

Comment

Ya... I would really like to see detailed info on the WSMs and Kettles similar to all the great info on the Pit Barrel Cooker. Why? Because I am thinking of trying my hand at the WSMs some day!

Comment

Originally posted by smarkley View Post
                  Ya... I would really like to see detailed info on the WSMs and Kettles similar to all the great info on the Pit Barrel Cooker. Why? Because I am thinking of trying my hand at the WSMs some day!
                  Yeah the PBC channel sets a high bar. It's up to all of us to add the content.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, I will see what I can come up with to help out. I have a few weeks off of work to end the year, a perfect time to put some work into this.

Comment

Originally posted by dmarshfield View Post
                      Thank you for the replies, I will see what I can come up with to help out. I have a few weeks off of work to end the year, a perfect time to put some work into this.

Awesome Dan. My travel finally winds down after this week and I hope to have more time to spend around here (and a grill) myself

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here