Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notification links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification links

These should take me to the comment right?
    But it doesn't

They used to, but don't seem to anymore. They're also highly inaccurate, with regard to who is commented or reply.

Comment

This is more of a bug report so I am moving this to the Suggestion box. We are expecting several improvements in functionality when we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin. Fingers crossed this is one of those bugs!

Comment

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing and I am getting two email notifications for each comment.

Come on Upgrade!! I have my fingers crossed also.

Comment

If you go into your settings and only check the box about new posts, and uncheck the comments notifications you'll no longer get duplicates. I foud this out, I used to get duplicates as well.

Comment

Yep, I found it and you were absolutely correct. I fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I've found that usually clicking the notification link takes me to the comment in question (but irritatingly and inexplicably not always). However, from notification emails, not the actual notifications page in The Pit, it is very hit & miss, mostly miss. Email links typically take me to page 1 of a thread (but again inexplicably not always).

Comment

• Marauderer
                Marauderer commented
                Editing a comment
                That sums it up for me also now that I am not getting double notifications anymore.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here