Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple suggestions

Hey meathead and admins, thanks for the amazingtibs.com website! I'm sure you've put in a lot of work for both the content and the administration. Just wanted to mention a couple quick things I've noticed as a newbie here. 1) Update Messages number: When I see the number appear next to the "Messages" link at the top, I click on it to get to the Messages page and then click on the specific link to get to the updated thread, but the number at the top stays the same. I have to go back into Messages and "Delete" the notification. Interestingly, this still doesn't update the number at the top until I refresh or navigate to another page. It would be nice if the number updated as soon as you view the updated thread or at least when you delete the notification without having to refresh. 2) Navigate to updated post: When I click on a notification that someone's replied to my post in a thread, I'm taken to the first post in the thread and then I have to navigate to the reply. It'd be nice if I was taken directly to the reply or at least to my post. 3) Different navigation styles: The site navigation layout is different depending on whether you're viewing the content pages or the message board. It'd be nice if the navigation was consistent and seamless between these areas so I wouldn't have to reorient myself. 4) Mobile usability: I've mentioned this briefly before but there are some issues with the mobile implementation (inserting pics into posts, strange editing behavior, etc.) It sounds like you're aware of these and I'm sure it's a work-in-progress, but I wouldn't mind having the ability to view the non-mobile version of the message board. The browsers on our mobile devices should be able to render sites exactly the same as viewing on the desktop and it would afford me all the behaviors and functionality I'd expect. Hope those make sense! No biggies, just wanted to provide feedback.

Eugene your gripes are ours. We're hoping a lot of the things you've pointed out are improved when we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin. This is on our to do list, it's just not at the top yet. Stay tuned!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here