Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geezer Dinosaur Needs Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geezer Dinosaur Needs Help!

I don't own and don't want a Smart Phone. I do; however, value my IPod Touch 5 a great deal. I am trying to sign onto AR via the IPod and wireless, but no go. The sign in button appears so briefly that most times I can't even hit it before it disappears. When I can hit it, it seems to not work. The screen won't let me resize it to see the entire home page. Mostly, I just get to see ads inviting me to join AR and those links don't work, either.

I'm about about to solve the problem using a bigger hammer. lol

Any ideas?

That's way over my paygrade...🙈 I agree... when you're not sure a bigger hammer might work.🔨

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it might remove the problem from your brain anyway!

Willy, You Ain't No Dinosaur❓ If You Were You'd Be an "Old Fossel" ❓ What You Seem To Be is "Like Me", Technologically Challenged ❓. I don't Know
    Nutt'n about iPods but I can Kinda Make My iPad Mini Work❓. 🤗😇🤗
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Had some problems with my pads and had to turn on Java and allow cookies then it started working. properly. hope this might work for your problem.

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        jgg85234 Nah, MUCH further south, much less populated, and higher (cooler)---Sierra Vista. The forgotten part of AZ, well, along with Yuma and Gila Bend.

• jgg85234
        jgg85234 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was planning to buy a property and retire down to Arizona Sky Village. Didn't have the money when it started (was starting a new business), and the 85 lots got sold very quickly. Now, the prices are astronomical

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        jgg85234 The Portal area is a beautiful place, tho a bit inconvenient in terms of local services. SV has quite an active group of astronomers.

I have accessed th' Pit since I joined with my iPud Touch 5, while away from home. (Read at work).
      I logged in once, selected to remain logged in. If yer able to get in once, do this, an have no more hassles.
      Best of luck!!!!

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Get in once and you're fine. It's that first time that's the killer!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Willy, th' lil' iPud has summat of a delay when ya poke th' webpage buttons, due to limited processor power, added to by wifi lag. I frequently poke a button, nuthin' happens, poke it again, then it catches up, opens n' closes what I was tryin' to do in a flash... TBC...

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Recommend poke button once, wait, wait, maybe ya get that first login box. I've had to carry one for work for several years, still cuss it at times. Great machine, but limitations do exist. Hope this is helpful...

This was the wrong day to ask that question. I got a new Iphone about a month ago. Over the weekend I went to settings and found that restrictions were on and there was one failed log on attempt. Nobody had touched the phone but me. I didn't even know what restrictions were. So I called Apple and they had me reset the phone and everything was lost but photos. I DO back up to the cloud. I called them back. Got contacts back but not my messages. I Googled it and was able to restore the phone to last night from the Cloud all on my own. Everything was back but the restriction button was enabled again. I called Apple back. They said somebody must have set it on the phone. Nope. I'm the only one with the passcode and thumbprint. They said I have one of two choices - wipe everything out to give me full access or live with it. ARGHHH! I love AR but I don't use my phone for it much because it is not phone friendly to an old guy (or someone like me with oversized fingers). Luckily, I have an I-Pad and a MacBook with a wide internet range these days. Had you posted this yesterday, I would have said "come on Willy, get with the program." Based on today's experience I am in the "Heck with phone/touch technology" mode.

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        The Ipod touch screen is surely flaky too (yep--fat fingers) and "voice control" often pops up out of nowhere. It used to be Siri that did that, but turning off Siri activates VC which can't be turned off. Nonetheless, I should "get with the program", but can't muster the enthusiasm. lol

My surface pro does the same thing with drop down menus. Im not a apple guy but if you can zoom in on the sign in button try instead of tapping it try holding it down and see if the sign in appears, if it does tap it when it appears you may need to keep your finger on the first tab at the same time, if i remember right this is how i got mine working

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks - I'm going to try that. In trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone I had to dive deep into the General and Settings area. I saw a zoom feature. I will try using it. Much appreciated.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here