Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to the Video Seminars? Who would you like to see interviewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened to the Video Seminars? Who would you like to see interviewed?

Just curious what happened to our Video Seminar Series? We haven't had a new one in over 3 months and Clint Cantwell is showing his last activity in the pit at almost the same amount of time. Not knocking... just curious...

I have missed watching and seeing the videos..... So hopefully Meathead or one of the moderators will jump in and give us an update.

In the meantime who all would you like to see an interview or video with?

I guess this survey could be a bit of a wish list and a stretch for some.... but hey.... you never know....

If I didn't list someone you would like to see an interview with then list them below!

*Mods, I put this under the suggestion box since I am making the suggestion that I would like to see the return of our video seminar series. Respectfully, Nate
    Dr. Blonder
    12.00%
    Mike &/or Amy Mills - Peace Love & BBQ
    8.00%
    David "Pit Boss" Parrish - Slow'N'Sear
    10.67%
    Aaron Franklin - Franklin BBQ
    21.33%
    Malcom Reed - How to BBQ Right / Killer Hogs
    9.33%
    Meathead - Give a State of the Pit Address & New BBQ News
    12.00%
    Dennis Linkletter - Komodo Kamado
    8.00%
    Kevin Kolman, Director of Brand Education - Weber
    6.67%
    Rondey Scott - Scott's BBQ
    5.33%
    Other
    6.67%
    Last edited by Nate; December 5, 2016, 05:23 PM. Reason: note to moderators

/signed

Comment

I checked 'em all. How about CandySueQ ?

Comment

• Baker Dan
        Baker Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        Would love to hear CandySueQ discuss competitions

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        CandySueQ i would love to see a video (or series) on comp stuff.

• Jeff_Carley
        Jeff_Carley commented
        Editing a comment
        smokinfatties, couldn't agree more. that would be cool. like a documentary style...a day in the life of....

I still would love to have a sit down with Johnny Trigg.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
        ribeyeguy commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as he didn't reach down to his boot. Then I'd probably run.

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd be happy to ask him. Bet he'd be glad to do one. He just took 2nd in ribs at King of the Smoker!

• Jeff_Carley
        Jeff_Carley commented
        Editing a comment
        would pay for that. amazing. cant click like more than once. I know this is an old thread....would love that all the same. still catching up on the videos

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      I still would love to have a sit down with Johnny Trigg.
      Never met the man. But he would be a great dude to hang with.

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        He is! There's a few people in BBQ that I consider family. I've stayed at their house, I'd go the extra miles for both Johnny and Trish Trigg.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        They seem like great people.

Also, I thought the seminars were replaced by the BBQ Central Show. (Which I enjoy) Don't quote me in this but I think I remember reading that a while back.

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't think they were meant to replace the video series but help supplement them maybe. Video Seminars are still listed as a perk of the pit under the Pitmaster tab.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that should probably be changed at this point. 🙈 Nate

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        The meet our team tab under about us still has Clint listed as Pitmaster Club Anchorman...
        I love the forum and getting involved in the threads but I feel like the content like video series was something that really set the pit apart.

i checked the all also! bring us more CONTENT! LOL

Comment

Another thought for a video series.... Moderator and AR Team Interviews about some of their areas of expertise etc... or something:

David Parrish - SnS
        Huskee - Stick Burning
        Jerod Broussard - PBC and Brisket
        CandySueQ - Competition Cooking
        fuzzydaddy - BGE
        Max Good - Reviews and new releases
        docblonder - All that cool science stuff

I know there are more team members, consultants, and such that probably have a wealth of knowledge as well.

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          I call b.s. on that Huskee and I know better but if you needed to fill in a little more time you could talk about your version of memphis dust and how to dry brown sugar!

• Baker Dan
          Baker Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Breadhead on bread

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee you could talk about your FAMOUS Rib Rub!!!

Michael Brinton We do have a bunch of AmazingRibs.com YouTube Videos. Have you seen my Virtual Showroom vids? https://www.youtube.com/user/ribmeister

Comment

• Michael Brinton
          Michael Brinton commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, I did not know about the youtube videos, thanks

OK this just in from Clint, "We had to scrap the last one with Max re: smokers and grills but there will be a new one later this week with Brad Barrett discussing the evolution of GrillGrates followed by one with Robyn "GrillGirl" Lindars next week/early the following week on using various social media brands to help grow your brand (personal brand, a team, a product, or a restaurant).

I am also trying to arrange for someone to discuss grilling for the holidays (recipes and tips) which if it comes together would bump Robyn's to the new year."

So there are several in the works!

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          THANK YOU for following up with this... it is greatly appreciated... I was hoping we hadn't lost the video series as I really enjoy them and think they help set the pit apart.

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Also tell Clint Cantwell thank you as well for the follow up AND that it would be super awesome and outstanding if he could land Kenji for some holiday cooking tips too.

Just posted a new one with Brad Barrett of GrillGrate with more to come soon! I love all of the ideas for future interviewees as well so keep them coming!

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Clint! Can't wait to watch it on the smart tv later.

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Clint, Just a thought... but if you know you are going to be interviewing someone would you consider announcing it ahead of time and letting us submit questions? Obviously you wouldn't always be able to get through all of them but may be able to find a couple recurring questions, themes, or topics.

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea on asking for member questions!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here