Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Signatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Signatures?

I'm new and I might be missing something but for the life of me I cannot view anyone's signature on the forum. I have it enabled in my User Settings -> Account -> Show Signatures but I still can't see them.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I find that I have to tap on that little icon several times before the signature pops up.

Comment

Steve B You know what? I just figured out why I couldn't see the signatures. I guess my forum page are being viewed in "Latest Activity" tab mode where no signatures or pictures are included. Once I clicked on the "Posts" tab instead I could see them. I'm just pointing this out in case someone else runs across this thread in the future

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 2.52.15 PM.png
Views:	140
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	231126
      Also once you're in the "Posts" tab I'll mention that signatures are not added to the bottom of every post like so many other forums. You have to hover over the pen icon to view them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 2.55.05 PM.png
Views:	160
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	231127

Comment

It depends on what device you're using. On a PC or Mac, just mouse over the little icon that looks like an old fashioned pen nib located in the lower left corner of the grey band on the left side of the screen. On an iPad, iPhone, etc., you've got to tap the icon ... and sometimes it's pretty hard to hit. Be aware that not everyone has a signature ... in which case the aforementioned icon will not be there.

Comment

Just my opinion, but I like that I don't see signatures without going that extra step. It gives this forum a much cleaner look compared to most others out there.

Comment

• Steve_D12
            Steve_D12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve R. I agree it does make it look very clean. Just took me a second to figure it out lol

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I believe it was designed intentionally this way. Who likes forums where every post has a paragraph of everyone's stuff under every post? No one. Clutter. Here, if you hover, you see it- if you don't you don't.

I'm still havin trouble with my picture next to my name on my iPhone 4.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Email the pic you want added to [email protected] and I'll take care of it for you. Be sure to mention your UserID in the email.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here