Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble receiving "Messages"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble receiving "Messages"

Some things are coming into my "Messages" and others are not. What is the difference between "followed" and "Subscribed"? The subscribed is coming into my Messages box; the people I "follow" and who post are not coming into my messages. Am i not looking in the right place? What gives? Thanks, Jim Burgin

I believe "Followers" are people following you, subscribed to you, and if I'm correct you probably won't see anything there but names. Subscriptions are people you're following, and you should see their posts.

Comment

Huskee,
      Thanks for writing, I always appreciate the things you post. My clear impression on this concern differs from yours. I have NO "followers". I've not been doing this long enough to have any wisdom that someone would want to follow On the other hand I have several people I follow, including you. Then, I am always listed as "subscribed" to any thread in which I participate - including things I start. The subscribes always come through in my "messages." But the posting from people whom I "follow" do not. Do you have any second thoughts? Thanks! Jim

Comment

I see. You can turn off the auto-subscribe feature (which automatically subscribes you to posts you participate in) by clicking your name in the top-right, and the in the popup select User Settings. From the User Settings screen, you'll see the tabs Profile, Account, Privacy, Notifications, My Membership. Click the Notifications tab, and the auto-subscribe is the very first box. If you don't like that, uncheck it.

As far as seeing posts from those you're subscribed to, I don't think that's an automatic notification in your Messages. I believe you must click your username (top-right) and select My Profile. Then on your profile screen, down below your avatar/picture, select Subscriptions. That should open up a box to show posts from those you're subscribed to.

If this doesn't work, or still isn't what you're after, let me know and I'll try to figure out how to help you further.

Comment

Mind if I give it a try?

Huskee When he follows someone, he expects to get a message whenever that person makes a new post. He doesn't get any notification at all. Can he change that?

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Right, I get it. I just don't think there's a way. I think we must manually go into our list of subscriptions to see posts from those we follow. Maybe this is a way to avoid 700 messages that ppl we follow have posted all week. I'll look more to see if I'm wrong...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here