Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster Club member - still have adverts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitmaster Club member - still have adverts...

I can't find anything stating such, but I guess I thought a benefit of being a paid member would be an ad-free experience on *.amazingribs.com

I use Chrome on Windows 7, I had to turn off my AdBlock plugin @ http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com so some of the cool features of vBulletin would work correctly.

Are there any thoughts toward making the site ad-free for paid members?

Thank you!

Welcome Kris, sorry the ads bother you. I have got a lot from them as they are cook related. The site isn't perfect but it is light years ahead of most forum sites.

Comment

I absolutely love the site & The Pit.
      The #1 problem I have with adverts: they are space hogs in my browser windows.

Comment

Yea, I hear you. you need to get a 27" hi res monitor and size your text accordingly. Just kidding!! So Kris what kind of BBQ equipment do you have and are using? What part of the world do you live in? I look forward to discussing BBQ and cooking with you.

Comment

Kris if you narrow the size of your browser the ads will disappear. As far as why the ads remain, check out MH's article. http://amazingribs.com/meathead/how_...ibs_works.html

Comment

I have adblock on in my Firefox browser. It blocks all 3rd party ads, except for the Smokenator, Thermapen, Grigllgrates, etc ones that Meathead has placed here as recommended accessories to the immediate right. I see none of the others at any time. When I access on my phone, which has no adblock, the ads are there- Honda, Alaskan Brewing Co., Google, etc. Like Pit Boss says just shrink your browser or turn on an adblock.

Meathead never has any ads encroach into the editorial section of The Pit or even his 1000+ free pages on the main site AmazingRibs.com, there's a clear separation of adspace and content. He has it setup the best way possible for the best experience for all of us. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
              Kris if you narrow the size of your browser the ads will disappear. As far as why the ads remain, check out MH's article. http://amazingribs.com/meathead/how_...ibs_works.html

Excellent reading, thanks David - that's exactly what I was looking for when I was wondering about the adverts.

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Kris. I'm glad you understand! We're working hard to take care of our members and "up our game"!

I think the adverts are well done, and not intrusive at all... I get this one, from time to time and don't mind at all

Click image for larger version

Name:	dontmindthisadd.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	23346
              Last edited by smarkley; October 4, 2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                I concur !!!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Best design I've ever seen on a Tshirt

• Marauderer
                Marauderer commented
                Editing a comment
                Great design work!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here