Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.4.2016 Forum Software Upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post

The link function used to work nicely. It had a link icon and you could click on it and type in the URL for a site that you wanted to point the reader to. Now I have to post the entire URL within the body of the post for someone to click on to follow to another site or to another topic within The Pit.

Kathryn
    Kathryn, this is how I've been posting links, in this how-to here. This method still works (at least for me, I just did it there <-----) and it allows you to either post the whole link, or shortcut a single word or sentence of text (as I did) into the link.

Does this help you?

Comment

All I know is Jerod P Broussard is not gonna be happy if he has to crop photos to post. Jerod Broussard is fine with it.

Comment

Mozilla Firefox with NoScript filter:

Originally this was showing for all posts all day today: (no link option available)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	205235

After posting the above comment (I have since deleted it) and starting to post this one, the old available icons came back: Click image for larger version

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript next post.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	205236

I didn't clear the browser cache.
        Uploaded this photo using Image icon just like I always did:

Name:	WSCGC 1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	205237

Testing the link:

Link Test Here...
        Last edited by fzxdoc; August 6, 2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Test link to &quot;how to post a link.&quot; Brilliant!!

Huskee , I've always used that method to post links. But all day today, this is what was showing in the text icon box:

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	205243

There was no link icon available, and the unlink icon worked to reduce the indent.

I did not empty the browser cache, but I did restart my computer and had the same thing.

Then just now, when I went to write a new post, the old icon display came up and the Image icon works for uploading photos.

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript next post.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	205244

I'm not sure what happened, but as long as I continue to get this latest display, which is what I've always seen until earlier today, I'm happy.

Kathryn

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          We blame that kinda thing on &quot;the gnomes&quot; Glad it's back and working for you. There was another way to post links that wasn't very intuitive, hence me asking if you were aware of this method.

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post

I did not empty the browser cache, but I did restart my computer and had the same thing.
        The bug you experienced was due to the browser cache not being cleared. I was reporting a similar issue to IT and they told me to clear my cache. Worked like a champ.

Comment

fzxdoc are you good now? Based on a comment on page 3 sounds like everything's sorted out. If it's not, please give us a summary post of your current issues.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            It's all good, David Parrish . I'm back to being my happy-go-lucky Pitster. Thanks for the tips and the help.

K.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

One thing I noticed about pics. When you put in your first picture, it goes to the bottom. Second pic goes on top and third goes on top of that. It's sorta backwards. Say I post a pic of starting the pit, then show the meat on the fire, then a pic of the finished product. When I post in that order, it show the finished product then the meat on the fire then picture of starting the pit. Any thing we can do about that? Or do I just have to work backwards? I'm using my mobile device

Comment

Originally posted by Nuke em View Post
            One thing I noticed about pics. When you put in your first picture, it goes to the bottom. Second pic goes on top and third goes on top of that. It's sorta backwards. Say I post a pic of starting the pit, then show the meat on the fire, then a pic of the finished product. When I post in that order, it show the finished product then the meat on the fire then picture of starting the pit. Any thing we can do about that? Or do I just have to work backwards? I'm using my mobile device
            How are you uploading your pics? When you use the upload attachments icon you have to pick where each pic gets inserted, and how large the pic should display, so it's up to you the order they go in. Check out these helpful tips for posting pics.

Comment

Okay I usual write something then post pics instead of inserting during the writing. Look at my post earlier this morning and you will see what happened to them. I'll give that a try. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nuke em View Post
                Okay I usual write something then post pics instead of inserting during the writing. Look at my post earlier this morning and you will see what happened to them. I'll give that a try. Thanks
                Yeah those pics were posted using the camera icon, which is now disabled. Once you get used to the upload attachments method I think you'll like it a whole lot more. Pics go where you want them and display in the size you choose.

Comment

David Parrish, Huskee, fuzzydaddy, fzxdoc, Thanks for the Info on Pic Posting, I had kind of figured it out except earlier I posted a Pic that Smeared all
                  over fuzzydaddy? Perhaps a Tips and Techniques Section would be in order? Take a lot of the load off The Boss, Huskee is still Young I don't care if he's
                  Loaded or Not! 🤗😇🤗
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Regarding the picture upload error that Jerod mentions in post #21 above, the same happens on my PC. Any fresh unedited pic will not upload from my PC, it gets the same message Jerod shows. If I make an edit, even a teeny tiny crop, and resave, it uploads fine.

Last night's burger pic: original attempt got the error. Made a very tiny crop, and now it uploads. Both native file and edited file are 1.x MB in size.

Name:	IMAG0434.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	207587

Cooking shot: native file 5+MB, same with edited cropped file. But only the cropped one uploads. No other edits.

Name:	IMAG0432.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	207588

Windows 10, Forefox 48.0
                  Pics taken with phone: HTC One M9 (HTC6535LVW) Android 6.0 with HTC Sense 7.0 skin, uploaded to PC via cloud.

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Southern Flavor?

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    David Parrish Yessir, it is my go-to burger seasoning. Almost out.

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I AM out. Sucks!

This message pops up every once in awhile at the top of the page when I am on the main page of The Pit:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'view' in /srv/www/pitmaster.amazingribs.com/includes/vb5/template.php(324) : eval()'d code on line 26

It doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on anything, but then again, what do I know?

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I get that once in a while too, for about 1-2 seconds then it disappears.

• Meathead
                    Meathead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lawbreaker!

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In the words of Bart Simpson: &quot;I didn't do it, you didn't see me do it, you can't prove a thing!&quot; LOL

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here