Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.4.2016 Forum Software Upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it's HTC One M9 (HTC6535LVW) Android 6.0 with HTC Sense 7.0 skin. I get the same message as Jerod above with uploading a picture.

Comment

Just testing mobe photo upload. 2 recent-ish meals I never got around to posting pix of:

Beef short ribs APL style:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160717_201249-01.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	204653
      ​​​​

​​​​​Peruvian style pollo a la brasa (rotisserie chicken):

Name:	IMG_20160723_202629-01.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	204654

​​​​​

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nexus 6P with pure stock Android 6.0.1. Stock Chrome for Android browser. No problems or issues.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Needs smaller picture size just like Disqus. This was a picture I cropped down some to be able to load onto Disqus.

Name:	IMG_20160729_042008.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	204747

Comment

• l'inferno
        l'inferno commented
        Editing a comment
        Well... Modification required perhaps in terms of technology.
        Aestheticslly from a viewer's standpoint?
        Make it bigger. Nice!

Testing image upload, wife & I

Name:	tmp_25851-IMG_20160805_195924-1519717939.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	204762

Comment

Testing image upload, my youngest enjoying some superman ice cream. (Appears to work if I use a cropped picture)

Name:	tmp_25851-IMG_20160805_132308-743684377.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	204769

Comment

What was the MB size of the pics that failed and succeeded in uploading? This might be a server side limitation.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            It appears to be 5 MP 1080p

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            pixels and megabytes are different.

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I realized last night I was getting that mixed up.

Tonight's dinner.

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	204783

Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	204784

Views:	147
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	204785

Views:	148
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	204786

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a slice of tomato, a slice of buffalo mozzarella, and a basil leave. Drizzled with olive oil then salted and peppered. Very tasty!

• 7x57mm
            7x57mm commented
            Editing a comment
            Much obliged! Now I need to go find a buffalo

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Uh, about the bufallo... you know what nevermind... good luck in your hunt!

I was hoping the new version would solve the problem of the "go to last unread post" not actually going there, but it didn't. Sigh.

Comment

David Parrish What happened to the link function in the comment section?

And P.S. I used to use the Insert Photo icon all the time for photos. Worked great. Loved it. Sad to see it disabled.

Kathryn

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              fzxdoc it's still there, it's the 4 bars now instead of the chain link.

Note to all: These systems are getting better on mobile devices, but keep in mind, the browsers on smartphones are still in their infancy and not as fast or capable as on desktop. Also, the small screen is a compromise. This site and almost all others are going to be much more satisfying on a laptop or desktop machine.

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
              David Parrish What happened to the link function in the comment section?

And P.S. I used to use the Insert Photo icon all the time for photos. Worked great. Loved it. Sad to see it disabled.

Kathryn
              Link function? I'm not sure I know what that is. If you meant like, we've never been able to like comments.

As far as the camera icon (insert photo icon), it just doesn't work as well as the "upload attachments" icon. Give that icon a chance and I think you'll agree it's a MUCH better way to post photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                Testing image upload, my youngest enjoying some superman ice cream. (Appears to work if I use a cropped picture)
                Rather than always cropping, I've been using the iOS photo editor mainly to change brightness slightly. After saving, I go back into the editor and change brightness back to what it was originally ... then save again (all this only takes a few seconds). When finished, the pic is exactly as it was originally except that orientation info is properly registered.
                Last edited by MBMorgan; August 6, 2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep any edit will do!

• Atalanta
                  Atalanta commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just did a minor edit as well. Seemed to do the trick.

Mine is non apple though, and not a sideways pic thing.

Comment

Mbmorgan already posted this error, but thought I'd let everyone know someone else is seeing it.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 3.34.04 PM.png
Views:	154
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	205057

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fuzzydaddy that issue is on the bug list. They're all gonna get squashed eventually.

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Link function? I'm not sure I know what that is. If you meant like, we've never been able to like comments.

As far as the camera icon (insert photo icon), it just doesn't work as well as the "upload attachments" icon. Give that icon a chance and I think you'll agree it's a MUCH better way to post photos.
                  I beg to differ, David Parrish. I aways wondered why folks didn't just use the photo icon when they complained of photo orientation, size, etc. The photo icon worked great, at least on a PC desktop computer. (On my iPad, I've always been willing to accept compromises and haul my tookus out of bed to make corrections to a post on my PC. So I appreciate your move to minimize that rear-end-hauling-out-of-bed-effect for mobile device users ) None of those scary 3-5 MB oversized photos on the "What are you cooking now" topic ever resulted, at least for me. I've used the new method which works fine but is a bit "touchy" for me in that it's not as intuitive. Not trying to be a Mrs. Grumpypants here, though. Sometimes we like what we like.

The link function used to work nicely. It had a link icon and you could click on it and type in the URL for a site that you wanted to point the reader to. Now I have to post the entire URL within the body of the post for someone to click on to follow to another site or to another topic within The Pit.

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Edited to add: There was some weird stuff going on earlier, David Parrish . See my later post (#49 in this topic) for the explanation of what icons I was seeing with each post all day. Now the icon display is normal, in that it looks and functions just like it always has, including using the Image icon for posting photos. I don't know what you (or my computer) did to straighten it out, but I'm glad.

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, THAT link. Click the advanced editor icon and you'll see that there is a link icon there that does the same thing.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here