Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.4.2016 Forum Software Upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.4.2016 Forum Software Upgrade

Folks if you run into anything strange please post here and let us know about it. But first...

1) Clear your cache and restart your browser. This has a 90% chance of fixing your issue (ask me how I know).
    2) The Camera Icon - We've disabled it. The Upload Attachments Icon works much better for posting photos and vBulletin has FINALLY enabled the Upload Attachments Icon to work on mobile devices. So yes we know the Camera Icon is missing. That's on purpose. =)

Congratulations to all involved in yet another successful endeavor!

good to have the pit back up.

Comment

Thanks Rich! Try The Pit out on a mobile device. The interface is MUCH improved!

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        I would if I had a smartphone!

#stillusingflipphone
        #hatecellohones!

LOL

It's working great for me, but I don't surf on my phone.

Comment

Thanks for the upgrade.
        I notice the interface improvements on the cellie (android / chrome).
        Thank you.

Comment

Great job everyone involved! All's well for me so far on iPhone 5S, Mac+Safari, and Mac+Chrome. Will test iPad. iPhone photo upload from library works great!

Comment

• bchbum12
            bchbum12 commented
            Editing a comment
            OK, time for me to ask. I have a MacBook Air (typing on it now) and have not been able to figure out how to upload photos onto this site. There's apparently an upload feature on my MacBook that I simply cannot find. Might you point me to where it is?

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            bchbum12 Here's the picture posting tips link. Let us know if you have questions after looking at it. The "Camera" icon is no longer available; use the "Upload Attachment" icon. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...e-posting-tips

Tenderloin just off SNS Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	204330

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Wowzers, juicy!

• Atalanta
            Atalanta commented
            Editing a comment
            Nom nom nom!

Test / test ;@

Comment

HawkerXP When taking photos some phones/devices, apple phones included, don't attach "which way is up" info to the photo, so our forum software guesses. Often it guesses incorrectly. You can fix this by using your computer/phone/device's photo editing software to make a really minor change to the photo. You can crop the photo just a tiny bit, for example. When the editor saves the change to the photo it also attaches the "which way is up" information that our forum software needs. After that the photo will display as it should when you upload it to The Pit.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              First time from phone. Thanks

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gee, I wonder who first figured that out, hmmm?

I am already giving thumbs way down to the "choose action" thingy. Hate it!!

Comment

I like the new "Like" feature. Now when you click on the little box that shows how many members like the post, it shows who liked it. Sweet.👍

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                Always did. Just saying.

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                If that happened before the update I was clueless.😡

Just trying out how the new upload picture feature works... Testing 1, 2, 3

update: works just fine it seems.
              Attached Files

Comment

Testinggggggggg

Bummer. Now all of a sudden my Android can't post photos.

Looks like I'm going to have a bunch of "didn't really happen" cooks.

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not to fear Jerod... The chiphead's will think something up to include android.👍

• Thunder77
                  Thunder77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's why Apple is the bomb, and android fizzles...😜

• Juddlight
                  Juddlight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huh....its much easier for me to post pics now and uk i have a droid

I use my phone quite a bit on this site. Mobile platform is much improved. Like it a lot. Thanks.

Comment

The choose action thingy really sucks. Just my NSHO

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here