Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.4.2016 Forum Software Upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice that when I hit the reply button, the text zooms in large on my iPhone. Ick.

Comment

Some pages (like this one: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...uncement/page2 ) ... but not all throw an error on an iPhone or iPad as shown in the attached screen shot when selecting the blue [>>] icon to go directly to the end of a thread:

Edit: The problem seems to be limited to multi-page threads.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	55
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	204422
      Last edited by MBMorgan; August 4, 2016, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgjeske1 View Post
        I am already giving thumbs way down to the "choose action" thingy. Hate it!!

OK I get it. The choose action button looks kind of clunky compared to having the icons displayed (edit, comment, like, etc...). That said, the icons could be VERY hard for people with big fingers and/or small screened mobile devices. So even if it looks a little clunky, the choose action feature has made the forum more better easier to navigate for many of our members.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm getting used to it.

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        Testinggggggggg

Bummer. Now all of a sudden my Android can't post photos.

Looks like I'm going to have a bunch of "didn't really happen" cooks.
        Jerod please try this again. If you're having issues on Android devices we need to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
          Some pages (like this one: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...uncement/page2 ) ... but not all throw an error on an iPhone or iPad as shown in the attached screen shot when selecting the blue [>>] icon to go directly to the end of a thread:

Edit: The problem seems to be limited to multi-page threads.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]n204422[/ATTACH]
          I'm getting a similar error and have reported this to IT. Thanks!

Comment

Write something. No go David Parrish

Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content. IMG_20160728_173520.jpg

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you cleared your browser cache and tried multiple browsers on the android device?

@Pit Boss: Cannot make profile changes. It will not accept my new address. Any suggestions?

Comment

David Parrish, A little sugar and a little salt! I truly "LIKE" the Pop Up Window that gives Member and Staff User Name Spellings following @+1st letter or two! 👍👍Very Helpful👍👍 I only wish it was Interactive and Auto Correcting! Now for the Salt, See Below!
              From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
              Attached Files

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Dan this likely is not due to the upgrade and is part of the issue you've been having on your personal device.

What do the orange bars under your name mean?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                At one time it kept a colorful tally of post counts, I think. Now it just measures oxygen levels to prevent hypoxia.

Originally posted by jgjeske1 View Post
              What do the orange bars under your name mean?
              That's a reputation bar. We got rid of that a couple of years ago as we are all equals here and we don't want folks using things like reputation bars to act like they have more of a say than anyone else.

The thing is you can't really get rid of the reputation bar, but you can hide them. That's what we did. Every now and then they pop up but if you reload the page they'll disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                Write something. No go David Parrish

Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content. IMG_20160728_173520.jpg
                I get the same when trying to upload a pic from Android phone with Firefox browser, via upload attachment.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm chrome.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cleared cache, restarted, get the same...after it spends time uploading.

Trying from my iPod touch (no smartphone). Looks ok. Uploaded pic from library. Salmon we grilled back in April.
                Attached Files

Comment

I noticed too you cannot see any posts' likes when in mobile.

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I noticed that myself. That's the only downside so far of the "choose action" drop down.

David Parrish Like Huskee, clearing the cache only results in a lengthy pseudo-upload resulting in the same error message.

Comment

OK when reporting android issues you'll need to let us know the phone, the version of android, if there is a "skin" overlay, and the version of the "skin". This is in addition to letting us know the browser.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Editing a comment
                      Mine has- Android OS, v 4.1 (Jelly Bean), not sure about a skin overlay with this phone. Cat B15Q

I have not added anything to it.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here