Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.4.2016 Forum Software Upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bchbum12
    commented on 's reply
    OK, time for me to ask. I have a MacBook Air (typing on it now) and have not been able to figure out how to upload photos onto this site. There's apparently an upload feature on my MacBook that I simply cannot find. Might you point me to where it is?

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    It's all good, David Parrish . I'm back to being my happy-go-lucky Pitster. Thanks for the tips and the help.

K.

• Nuke em
    replied
    One thing I noticed about pics. When you put in your first picture, it goes to the bottom. Second pic goes on top and third goes on top of that. It's sorta backwards. Say I post a pic of starting the pit, then show the meat on the fire, then a pic of the finished product. When I post in that order, it show the finished product then the meat on the fire then picture of starting the pit. Any thing we can do about that? Or do I just have to work backwards? I'm using my mobile device

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    fzxdoc are you good now? Based on a comment on page 3 sounds like everything's sorted out. If it's not, please give us a summary post of your current issues.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post

I did not empty the browser cache, but I did restart my computer and had the same thing.
    The bug you experienced was due to the browser cache not being cleared. I was reporting a similar issue to IT and they told me to clear my cache. Worked like a champ.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    fuzzydaddy that issue is on the bug list. They're all gonna get squashed eventually.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, THAT link. Click the advanced editor icon and you'll see that there is a link icon there that does the same thing.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Edited to add: There was some weird stuff going on earlier, David Parrish . See my later post (#49 in this topic) for the explanation of what icons I was seeing with each post all day. Now the icon display is normal, in that it looks and functions just like it always has, including using the Image icon for posting photos. I don't know what you (or my computer) did to straighten it out, but I'm glad.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    We blame that kinda thing on "the gnomes" Glad it's back and working for you. There was another way to post links that wasn't very intuitive, hence me asking if you were aware of this method.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Huskee , I've always used that method to post links. But all day today, this is what was showing in the text icon box:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	205243

There was no link icon available, and the unlink icon worked to reduce the indent.

I did not empty the browser cache, but I did restart my computer and had the same thing.

Then just now, when I went to write a new post, the old icon display came up and the Image icon works for uploading photos.

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript next post.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	205244

I'm not sure what happened, but as long as I continue to get this latest display, which is what I've always seen until earlier today, I'm happy.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Test link to "how to post a link." Brilliant!!

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Mozilla Firefox with NoScript filter:

Originally this was showing for all posts all day today: (no link option available)

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	205235

After posting the above comment (I have since deleted it) and starting to post this one, the old available icons came back: Click image for larger version

Name:	Available text icons using Mozilla browser with NoScript next post.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	205236

I didn't clear the browser cache.
    Uploaded this photo using Image icon just like I always did:

Name:	WSCGC 1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	205237

Testing the link:

Link Test Here...
    Last edited by fzxdoc; August 6, 2016, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    All I know is Jerod P Broussard is not gonna be happy if he has to crop photos to post. Jerod Broussard is fine with it.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post

The link function used to work nicely. It had a link icon and you could click on it and type in the URL for a site that you wanted to point the reader to. Now I have to post the entire URL within the body of the post for someone to click on to follow to another site or to another topic within The Pit.

Kathryn
    Kathryn, this is how I've been posting links, in this how-to here. This method still works (at least for me, I just did it there <-----) and it allows you to either post the whole link, or shortcut a single word or sentence of text (as I did) into the link.

Does this help you?

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Link function? I'm not sure I know what that is. If you meant like, we've never been able to like comments.

As far as the camera icon (insert photo icon), it just doesn't work as well as the "upload attachments" icon. Give that icon a chance and I think you'll agree it's a MUCH better way to post photos.
    I beg to differ, David Parrish. I aways wondered why folks didn't just use the photo icon when they complained of photo orientation, size, etc. The photo icon worked great, at least on a PC desktop computer. (On my iPad, I've always been willing to accept compromises and haul my tookus out of bed to make corrections to a post on my PC. So I appreciate your move to minimize that rear-end-hauling-out-of-bed-effect for mobile device users ) None of those scary 3-5 MB oversized photos on the "What are you cooking now" topic ever resulted, at least for me. I've used the new method which works fine but is a bit "touchy" for me in that it's not as intuitive. Not trying to be a Mrs. Grumpypants here, though. Sometimes we like what we like.

The link function used to work nicely. It had a link icon and you could click on it and type in the URL for a site that you wanted to point the reader to. Now I have to post the entire URL within the body of the post for someone to click on to follow to another site or to another topic within The Pit.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here