Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture Upload error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Upload error

Hi David, I went to post some pics of a cook-out and I kept getting invalid file. So I checked the pics and they are Chrome HTML documents. I took them from an email and moved them to my pictures. Is there a tech that could help me figure out what I did or didn't do right?

Testing pic upload.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4148.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	19835

Comment

Testing photo icon pic upload
      Attached Files

Comment

OTR try saving the pic to your desktop and then uploading it from there. It should work fine. If it doesn't, let us know.

We do have a few bugs we're working out of the system as we prepare to upgrade to vBulletin 5.1.3, so apologies if you've run into one of them.
        Attached Files

Comment

Testing

Name:	IMG_2973.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	19852
          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	twist tie meme.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	19888

They're working on my end as attachments

Comment

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              (my reply in imagery)

Invalid File IMG_1804.JPG

: )

I have the same issue.

When I use the two ways possible to post a picture: the photo icon button on the left or the attachment button on the right and attempting to upload it as a file

I get an "invalid file" error message.

Sometimes this message has the file name in it and sometimes not.

Please note my files are valid. I am able to upload and post them using a third party.

This issue is intermittent.

I have tested this condition and it occurs on Apple OS multiple machines, windows XP.

Log out and log in does not correct

Media location seem irreverent as well

This condition occurs using Chrome, Firefox and Safari with Apple OS,

If you want screenshots of what I'm seeing let me know and I'll post some URLs to them.

Comment

Jon that's good info. A couple of screenshots of the errors would be great.

Comment

Uploaded without error. Used the "Upload Attachment" icon, then clicked the image icon, then selected choose file option, then clicked OK.

Name:	IMG_3142.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	19907

Comment

Uploaded without error. Used the "Upload Attachment" icon, then clicked the image icon, then selected choose file option, then clicked send to server, then clicked OK.

Name:	9.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	19911
                  Attached Files

Comment

Uploaded without error using the photo icon and selecting the image from my photo album
                    Attached Files

Comment

Used upload attachment icon, then image icon, then entered URL from imageshack using the "forum" link option.

Attached Files

Comment

This error is typical when using the photo icon on the left of the posting box.

This error message is typical when using the attachment button on the right,

Please not these images are posted from Photobucket and not hosted here.

Comment

You can't post pictures with nudity Jon, that's why you're getting the error. Lol....

Comment

It's just butts. : )

Comment

• Huskee
                              Huskee commented
                              Editing a comment
                              & breasts? Lol...

• David Parrish
                              David Parrish commented
                              Editing a comment
                              LOL. Y'all ain't right.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here