Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fahrenheit and Celcius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fahrenheit and Celcius

Hello,

This is my first post, I'm going to present myself in the next post!
    Since I know a lot of people who use this website in Belgium and the Netherlands, adding Celcius on your website would definitely improve your website!

Cheers,

Zowie
    Last edited by Zowie; July 14, 2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• GBA
      GBA commented
      Editing a comment
      Here here

Welcome to the Pit from Colorado! (where it is currently 22.5 deg. C)

Comment

• Atalanta
      Atalanta commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a science degree so can guesstimate metric. When I was visiting a friend in Canada, I stepped outside and commented that it was a lovely 15 deg. out. He gave me a big hug, "You speak metric!"

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Zowie ... America started teaching the metric system in our schools 50 years ago assuming we would eventually switch over to it. That unfortunately never materialized.

However when I post bread or pizza recipes in the Pit I always use metric weights instead of ounces.😆

Comment

• Atalanta
        Atalanta commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny, though. You buy soda and water by the litre but milk by the gallon. It's just so messed up here. There was a PSA back in the '70's that also helps me to guesstimate metric: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUXutV6Vk6k

If Celius were added to the recipes how on earth will we ever convert the rest of the world to the mighty imperial system???
      Click image for larger version

Name:	imperial_vs__metric_by_nekit1234007-d5p0ou5.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	195264

Click image for larger version

Name:	c0edd09ce9ae2ca92ac05bedc8ec6cfe.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	195265

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        No doubt. So nice to convert in Chemistry, then I took a surveying course. I don't give a flip about furlongs.

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to stay out of this for Political Reasons but how many sq Meters in an accre? When manufacturing where is the closer tolerance 1/1000th inch or 1/1000 cm? Being a Pure Capitalist if I sell a piece of whatever!
        It doesn't bother me a bit to sell the Wrenches or What Ever to Maintain It!

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Danjohnston949 - There are 4046.86 sq meters in an acre (gotta love Google ). Given that there are 2.54 cm per inch, 1/1000 cm is 2.54 time closer tolerance. All of which proves nothing except that I'm bored and waiting on the coffee to brew this morning ...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here