Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disqus vs amazing ribs posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disqus vs amazing ribs posts

Sometimes when I post the message is under my disqus name, how do I make the posts strictly under my amazingrib pitclub id? Thanks ahaead of time

I think the public side uses Discus and the Pit uses your Pit iD. Just a guess. I'm computer illiterate.😎

Comment

Breadhead is correct. AmazingRibs.com (the free site) uses Discus credentials, and the Pitmaster Club uses your Pit credentials. So posts on the free site can only be made with your Discus ID and Pit posts can only be made with your Pit ID.
      Last edited by fuzzydaddy; July 8, 2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Right! That's because the software is vastly different. Alas there is no way to merge the two.

nice, thanks.

Comment

Yeah it's kind of like Coke and Pepsi. They're just different. There's no getting around that. Disqus is an excellent comment system used by HUGE websites (like CNN) and it does a great job of keeping the action going on the free site. It also helps folks find out about AmazingRibs.com. When you look at a person's posts in Disqus you'll see the websites they've recently posted to, so it helps spread the word. vBulletin drives our Pitmaster Club forum and is excellent software for facilitating a private environment where we can all share, learn, and be good friends. Disqus and vBulletin are both great at what they do and really it's good that they are separate.

Comment

Shows how dumb I am, I thought the pit was the only place you could post anything

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Scroll down on any topic on the public side and you will find the "comments" section. That's where you get the nitty gritty of that particular topic. That's where the facts lie.😎

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            You have company, jharner !

If you want them to match, create a separate disquis account with the same ID as your pitmaster ID. They still won't be linked, but it will help when posting and someone sees your IDs. I try to use the same ID on all the forums I'm on so that way if I run into someone on a different forum, they'll "recognize" me. My eBay and Yahoo handles are slightly different, but basically the same.

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            Good idea!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here