Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceramic/Komodos/BGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to have a kamado forum too. I think there are a few things that are different from a PBC, mostly in how to setup the grill, equipment, and the coal/lump argument.

On a side note, I seriously looked into a Primo XL before getting the BBQ Guru for my Vision Classic. I'd prefer to have one but decided with how well the grill cooks with the BBQ Guru added and the cost savings it just made sense to keep the Vision.
    The JD edition is just a stupid label, and it doesn't even come with a bottle of JD. You would hope that for the extra $200 you could at least have a $30-$50 bottle thrown in. Same black paint coating btw. Then the JD table looks good, but has some major issues. The composit material doesn't age well uncovered, and discolors quickly. Then the cover that is made for the standard Primo XL table won't fit over the JD table, and Primo has no plans to release to cover for the JD table.

Comment

OK folks I will add the kamado sub channel. Please do us proud and fill it with lots of helpful information.

Comment

I just bought my first kamado, so I think I could really benefit from this sub. For months, I went back and forth between the Primo and BGE. Don't think I could have went wrong either way, but ultimately went with the Primo Oval XL primarily for 2 zone setup and it's made in America.

Comment

I have to agree with what Chriscrna points on the Primo. I'm a primo owner too and the oval shape was huge factor in my decision. Primo.... BGE all that really matters is the final product that is cooked on it !

Comment

Originally posted by cdnichol View Post
            I have to agree with what Chriscrna points on the Primo. I'm a primo owner too and the oval shape was huge factor in my decision. Primo.... BGE all that really matters is the final product that is cooked on it !

CD you should tell us all about your experience with the Primo in the new kamado sub channel

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here