Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceramic/Komodos/BGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic/Komodos/BGE

Just thinking the grills section might benefit from a Ceramic/Komodos/BGE section, or subforum to the charcoal section. They can be a different animal, compared to a Weber kettle.

Along that line of logic, maybe for PBC/UDS section/subforum since they are kind of their own thing too.

Great idea. I'm creating subforums when we have enough interest from a few individuals that want to help populate them with useful information. If you and a few others want to set up a Kamado subforum we'll get that started. Look for a Bullet Smokers subforum to go live shortly in the Charcoal forum under Grills and Smokers.

Comment

Cool - absolutely love my Kamado Joe.

Comment

Dave - I'm game for being part of the ceramic group. I'm sure there are more experienced than I on here, but the BGE is my only smoker atm so I use it exclusively for low and slow.
        Last edited by bbantel; September 17, 2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

If someone ever buys me a Primo XL as an anniversary gift or something you could add me to the list. I really want one especially for winter time smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
            If someone ever buys me a Primo XL as an anniversary gift or something you could add me to the list. I really want one especially for winter time smoking.

Is the anniversary of you buying the Yoder Loaded Wichita?

Comment

Originally posted by bbantel View Post
              Dave - I'm game for being part of the ceramic group. I'm sure there are more experienced than I on here, but the BGE is my only smoker atm so I use it exclusively for low and slow.

We need a couple more to express interest. In the meantime check out the PBC subchannel for some ideas on what you can do with your Kamado channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Is the anniversary of you buying the Yoder Loaded Wichita?
                No, that's in March. My wedding anniversary is in Feb. You have two months from which to choose Dave.

Comment

Pit Boss, you can count me in!! My BGE is my only low and slow too at the moment. Sure wish I could get a PBC shipped up here but it doesn't look like anyone will do that. I'm seriously thinking of a UDS though .. that could be fun

Comment

Sub-Forum???? We should have a forum dedicated to Kamado's!!!!! Just saying. But for real, it would be nice to share advice and such with other kamado owners. I don't consider myself an Egghead, just a low and slow smoker and chose the BGE for the journey. Plus living in Michigan it is nice to be able to smoke in the middle of January when it is -10F outside and the kamado gives you this chance.

Comment

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      MP are you volunteering?

• Mal Passado
                      Mal Passado commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not so sure that I am volunteering , but would definitely be a contributor to the sub-forum, plus some of the other guys here appear to be in too. Or we could just all throw money in a pot and buy Huskee that XL Primo he wants and he can run it!!!! Do you think he would like the Jack Daniels XL oval version? Or do you think we could start him with the Jr. and see how it goes before he moves up to the big boy toy.
                      Last edited by Mal Passado; September 18, 2014, 01:26 PM.

I'm not sure Huskee can handle an XL. Maybe one of those baby BGEs would suit him. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	11x17-big-green-egg-event-1024x664.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	18727

It looks like this one is cryin for its Mama.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ohyesican, bringonthexl

Best. Idea. Ever.

Comment

Primo XL- Jack Daniels edition. It's on the wish list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GRILL-JD-XL.png
Views:	74
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	18734

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
                        Primo XL- Jack Daniels edition. It's on the wish list.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n18734[/ATTACH]

And I see you want the table as well to go with this most generous of gifts

Comment

You wouldn't prefer the Eggzilla????

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here