Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrupt pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupt pictures

Does anyone else have problems with pictures coming up corrupt? I don't know if it is my equipment or what. I have used different cameras and computers but seem to have one or two ( usually the best ones ) come up corrupt. They are always taken with the same camera and downloaded together but yet some come up corrupt.

Not trying to be snarky here but can you explain exactly what you mean by "coming up corrupt"? Thx...

Comment

Once you have selected the pictures that you want to download to a post you wait as they appear. Most will come up but then i get a message that the picture that you are trying to download is corrupt. Usually one or two out of maybe six

Comment

That helps ... I'll fiddle around (might take a day or two) and see if I can replicate the situation from here using an iPhone camera. What camera do you normally use?

Comment

• jharner
          jharner commented
          Editing a comment
          Using a Nikon digital ( Scan disk memory card ) and my Galaxy s4 phone

I have had that to happen to me a lot. What I do is go to www.resizeyourimage.com and resize the pic that I want to post...problem solved. Oh and it's free. As far as knowing why the corrupt message comes up I don't know.
        Last edited by DWCowles; April 25, 2016, 06:03 AM.

Comment

I get it too. If you make heavy edits to a pic, like add a lot of contrast or sharpness, etc it might do that. DWCowles has a great suggestion...sometimes all you need to do is make a small edit and re-save the pic and it "de-corrupts" it. Oftentimes I'll make a screengrab of my picture in full screen mode using Windows' "Snipping Tool" and save that screengrab, and then it uploads just fine.

Comment

Ok thanks I will try that in the future.

Comment

I haven't been able to upload pictures at all for a while. I thought you guys were just sick of looking at me.

Comment

• jharner
                jharner commented
                Editing a comment
                Not the case Ms Karon

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here