Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did I get this message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did I get this message?

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

I'm a pitmaster club member and was signed in.

May have been something that was reported. I've gotten the same message when I click on them.

Comment

gcdmd, Were you trying to Like a Post or Comment? I have recieived the same notice occasionally! I have notified David Parrish no soulution yet? I think CeramicChef may have Black Balled Me? Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 19, 2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I just clicked on the post under Today's Posts. It was the one by PaulstheRibList with no subject.

It was a Visitor Message. What is that?
        Last edited by gcdmd; April 19, 2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          I received the same message on the same post.

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too

Ah, this sheds a little more light on what's been happening. I'll get back to you guys.

Comment

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Boss.

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries...when I clicked on the post earlier this morning the header was blank so I just assumed the post had been deleted.

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to Paul's profile and was able to find and read it.

Well, I was on ribeyeguy 's profile, and wanted to comment on his cool picture with the big fish, so just to the right was the "Visitor comment" or some such box, so I typed out a short, witty comment to him and hit the red button...

Didn't know that would send noise out all over the Pit.

sorry

Comment

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a problem, Paul. It was educational for us all. We enjoy your posts so much that we were disappointed that we couldn't read it.

BTW, how are you doing since your accident?

George

Visitor Messages are different. They show up in Today's Posts with no info and appear blank or as an error when you click them. If you want to send a private message to a user it's best to just PM them, which is like in-house email. I'd skip the Visitor Message thing for the time being.

But yes, should a post ever get deleted either by the original poster or by a mod, you'll get an error message when you try to go to it before it falls off from the Today's Posts, or if you try to access it via a link from an email, if you get post emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          Visitor Messages are different. They show up in Today's Posts with no info and appear blank or as an error when you click them. If you want to send a private message to a user it's best to just PM them, which is like in-house email. I'd skip the Visitor Message thing for the time being.

But yes, should a post ever get deleted either by the original poster or by a mod, you'll get an error message when you try to go to it before it falls off from the Today's Posts, or if you try to access it via a link from an email, if you get post emails.

Yeah we're looking into the Today's Posts page to see what we can do to scrub visitor messages off the page. They shouldn't be there. The Today's Post page is actually a custom search result that shows the most recent posts in The Pit. Just need to tweak it so it doesn't accidentally grab visitor messages.

Comment

David Parrish, Huskee, Mucho Grassy A-S! I knew if we got in touch with the Head Shed, the problem (Inconvenience) would Go Away!
            I always suspected Paul! PaulstheRibList. 😙🤔😇🤔😙
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

C'mon guys. I'm a geezer. I can't keep up with all this fancy tech stuff. My head's gonna explode. LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here