Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical question tinyURL/Amazon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical question tinyURL/Amazon??

When posting a link to Amazon for someone to look at a product or read a review, as what I had posted HERE #19,

Does this just work from any link that is in the post?

Does the tinyURL automatic work if using the link tool or from any link in a post? Is this a site to site thing?

if not

is there a simple php tag that can be used?

I know in the scheme of things this is not a big deal. Sorry for any hassle on this. I'm not much of an I.T. guy. I will continue to look for an answer with Dr. Google.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 4, 2014, 01:07 PM.

I clicked on the link for the Smokenator from that page and it looks like it has the some code as the link directly from the tinyurl link

Comment

Ahhh, I see that. Very cool. Thanks man.

Comment

Last I heard you have to post the tinyurl link, and have the person then search for the product once they're in amazon from that link. Links MH has embedded in the site here have the code automatically.

If you use the tinyurl link yourself, find an item, copy that entire link and paste it or send it, I'm not sure it will properly work once this is done.

Pit Boss or Meathead can correct me on this if I'm wrong.

I've understood best practice is to share the tinyurl link, have the person search for the item once there.
        Last edited by Huskee; September 4, 2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Jon I'm forwarding this to Meathead to clarify....

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks and thanks, Sorry for any hassle. Just dont want to leave any money on the table.
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 6, 2014, 03:01 PM.

I'm pretty sure that if you pop this:
          &tag=amazi0a8-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325
          onto the end of any Amazon link, that will tell Amazon that you came there from here. You probably don't even need all of that; it's likely that just &tag=amazi0a8-20 will do it, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for looking at it Keith. I appreciate it.

Your kindness is sooooo appreciated.

We do know that if you use http://tinyurl.com/amazingribs it plants our code and anything you buy we get a finder's fee. If you want to create a link to something and share it, here's how, but I think this may be more trouble than it is worth: F
          ind the product on Amazon and locate the 10-digit ASIN or ISBN of the product located in the Product Details Section on every Amazon Product Page. Start with this template:

Replace "CODE" with the ASIN or ISBN number so the final product looks like this:
          http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GPEKBPE/?tag=amazingribs1-20

Comment

Thank you!
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 6, 2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here