Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improvements to The Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BenzieBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    I'd be into the dropping of a geographic pin

• SmokeytheBare
    replied
    Could you please place a sign in box on the first page. I always have to have three or four reminders before I search for the sign in page.
    It's a small annoyance but one I have any time I use your site

Leave a comment:

• (Stephen)
    commented on 's reply
    Even better, taste-a-vision

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure about this because the software views comments as different than posts.

• Tim Clark
    replied
    Looks like you're closing this down but one added thing. I notice that when someone adds a reply it will appear in the "last post" but if some makes a comment it doesn't. I think it would be good if either replies OR comments would show up when you hit the last post column.
    Last edited by Tim Clark; April 10, 2016, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    I think I've got a good list to get him going! I think most of these are do-able. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• RichBrew
    replied
    I tried to post as a comment, but it was too big...

I like the member map idea, and I don't understand how it would be a privacy issue. If a member doesn't want anyone to know, they can leave it out of their profile, right? Or have opt-out/in options in preferences? Also, if someone says they live in a certain city, most cities are big enough that you'd still have no idea where the person lives. Another option could be for the map to be non-interactive, or not have labels, so you wouldn't be able to associate a marker with any particular pit member. I would think a decent map plugin would be able to accommodate one of more of those options.

Leave a comment:

• badf00d
    commented on 's reply
    Meathead, I'm not sure how vBulletin works or can be extended, but I'd be glad to provide details on some tools I've used for batch updates of photos. If these can be called by vBulletin after an upload that may be a winner.

• badf00d
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the update, Meathead.

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    This is HUGE on my list. I still can't figure out how to upload pictures best.

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    I think we have decided this is a privacy issue that we cannot implement. Some members may not want people to know where they live and when they are at a competition, etc.

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    We will be moving The Pit to a dedicated server in May, I hope, so it isn't impacted by load on the free website. It will allow us to do more with optimnizing for vB. At that time we will be doing more with caching, compression, and minification.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    You should be able to simply click Inbox, then all your old messages show up to read any time until you delete them.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Rich you're right this was a feature that was implemented a vew versions ago. Personally I love it. Makes it a lot easier to keep up with what threads I need to get into.

• richinlbrg
    replied
    For me, I know this change was intentional, but when I go to my message center, I'd like to be able to read the topic, and keep it my message center.

Sometime I don't have time to thoroughly read it, and/or print it. I want it to stay on my message center until I delete it.

JMHO, but feel REALLY strongly about it.right now, my message center is rediculously large until I have time to properly read the messages, like u til 4/19.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here