Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improvements to The Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improvements to The Pit

We have a very talented developer who is in charge of making The Pit work, and we have kept him busy for a year doing important behind the scenes stuff like making it easier to join or cancel, easy for you to change credit card, easy for us to notify you before we charge you for renewal, etc. We are now ready to turn him loose on working on User Interface (UI) which is tech talk for making The Pit easier to use and better looking.

So we want you input, what is on your wish list? Now please remember, not everything we want to do is doable. The Pit is built on a platform called vBulletin and we are restricted by its constraints. But there is a good bit of flexibility. So let us know what you would like to see us do and if we can, and if we agree it is a good idea, we'll try and git 'er done.

"Like" a comment

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      What I meant was ... a comment of a comment

(Nobody can like this comment! Haha!)
      Last edited by scottranda; March 31, 2016, 01:08 PM.

• Obi-Dan
      Obi-Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I like this comment of a comment.

Smellivision!

Comment

• (Stephen)
      (Stephen) commented
      Editing a comment
      Even better, taste-a-vision

Would be nice if somehow you get a notification of responses to your post. Or to follow certain topics.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do both! See the post below.

Originally posted by BriggsBBQ View Post
    Would be nice if somehow you get a notification of responses to your post. Or to follow certain topics.

We've got both of those. If you want to follow a topic scroll to the top and click the +Follow button. That's all there is to it.

To turn on notifications click on your name at the upper right of the screen, select user settings from the drop down, select the notifications tab on your user settings page, then you'll see all kinds of options for when we can notify you.

Let us know if you have any questions on how to use these features!

Comment

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      Do notifications include responses to a comment you've left? If not, that'd be nice.

Liking comments would be nice.

Comment

I don't want to say it's perfect, but on my iPhone, where I do this site 100% of the time...it's flawless.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to practice then. I haven't been able to do it on the iphone much. Lazy i guess.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      Liking comments would be nice.

Yeah I've tried to hit the like button several times on comments, only to find it's not there. I've even rooted around in the admin console to see if there might be a setting that would turn it on. Nada, Nunca, Nothing remotely close.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Yeah I've tried to hit the like button several times on comments, only to find it's not there. I've even rooted around in the admin console to see if there might be a setting that would turn it on. Nada, Nunca, Nothing remotely close.
        That must mean it's not a vBulletin capability yet, so IT can't do it either?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post

That must mean it's not a vBulletin capability yet, so IT can't do it either?

It wouldn't surprise me if a like button can be added using custom code. Glenn will know.

Comment

A hook for my keys?

but seriously folks... This forum runs very well. I dont see it needed anything.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jon some newer vehicles do not require a key, hope this helps Heee Heee!

A map of where members are? So, by state, there are "x" members in each state, and a map which depicts that.

Comment

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, we have talked about this but privacy concerns have kept us from doing it.

• LangInGibsonia
              LangInGibsonia commented
              Editing a comment
              Other forums I've frequent use maps that allow you to drop a pin as specifically or generally as you like. And it's completely voluntary.

Zeemaps.com
              Last edited by LangInGibsonia; April 4, 2016, 12:19 PM. Reason: Added the map address

• BenzieBBQ
              BenzieBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd be into the dropping of a geographic pin

Meathead, Pit Boss, Huskee and Jon Solberg, We Need a Return Key at the bottom of the page that will return a person to the top of Page 1!
            In MHOP! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Dr ROK
              Dr ROK commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't the number 1 at the bottom of the pages do that?

• ctesibiusulpius
              ctesibiusulpius commented
              Editing a comment
              While I realize it's not what you said, you can easily navigate to the top of any page you're on with the "Home" key on the keyboard, and likewise to the bottom with the "End" key. For those of us who prefer real keyboards to demonic touch screens anyway!

• gcdmd
              gcdmd commented
              Editing a comment
              ctesibiusulpius, I wish I could "Like" your comment. That is a great tip for any web site.

I think that's a great idea, the 'where members live' map, as completely voluntary and optional as could be. I don't think we have to worry as much as free forums. We talked about this a year or 2 ago, I'd like to see it.

Comment

I am really to new to the site ( 3 months ) to make suggestions still learning everything it has to offer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here