Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improvements to The Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    We need flying monkeys. That be really cool. : )

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    If it ain't broke ...

Leave a comment:

• Lost in China
    commented on 's reply
    This would only affect users who are also signed up for that service. Is there enough of an overlap between "Pit Users" and this service's users to be worth the effort?

• Lost in China
    commented on 's reply
    This is a feature of Drupal and I don't think it can be changed.

• Lost in China
    replied
    Subforum consolidation. Moving every subforum with fewer than 20 posts together. If there aren't a lot of posts on the topic, why does it need its own separate place? Keeping common subforums clustered together promotes easier reading and more posts, a virtuous circle. At some point there will need to be new areas staked out, but only when the more specific topic becomes a distraction to the main topic.

Why are there separate forums for BBQ restaurants in Scotland and Ireland? Why not just "Europe"? Likewise "Asia/Pacific" instead of New Zealand and the rest. There's one for Argentina but nowhere else in South America? Brazil has a huge tradition of its own style of BBQ. Put one for the whole continent.

Consolidate the US subforums into regional according to accepted styles, only some states need their own. Idaho? North Dakota? 0 posts and not likely to get any. Why are they even there? Butchery forums get the same treatment as BBQ restaurants.

Beverages all go into one forum under Recipes and Techniques.

The last thing I would really, really like to see is an ordinary vBulletin forum. Why did this forum have to "integrate" with Drupal? Drupal's forum is renowned for being a hunk of junk. It is just Drupal's node/comment concept applied to a discussion format, something it wasn't made for and isn't good at. This Pit Forum doesn't interact with the rest of the site at all. There is no need for it to be "integrated" with the Table of Contents and the rest. We users don't do anything on that side of the site. We don't log in, we don't leave comments unless it's the Disqus comments, etc. It's just static content that gets read by the greater internet. This is our forum, there's no reason it has to be Drupal-style. Make it a traditional vBulletin forum and watch a ton of problems disappear.

Leave a comment:

• ribeyeguy
    commented on 's reply
    No, I meant reach in and grab an actual sizzling sample to taste. Sorry guys, it was a joke. Although, if there's an IT guy out there that can make it happen Meathead needs to hire him!

• ctesibiusulpius
    commented on 's reply
    While I realize it's not what you said, you can easily navigate to the top of any page you're on with the "Home" key on the keyboard, and likewise to the bottom with the "End" key. For those of us who prefer real keyboards to demonic touch screens anyway!

• JohnF
    commented on 's reply
    Right click save photo as XXXXXXX

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Pork Lord it's VERY easy to post pics here using your phone. Huskee has written instructions on this that can be found in the Welcome and Announcements channel.

Jaytee tapatalk isn't possible because The Pit is a private forum.

• Jaytee
    commented on 's reply
    Tapatalk integration (it works with vBulletin) would provide a ton of functionality including a mobile app.
    forum owner, forum, tapatalk, plugin, plug-in, iphone, ipad, ipod touch, android, windows phone, client, platform, wordpress, bbpress, forums, forums.net, ipboard, kunena, mybb, phpbb, vbulletin, proboards, simple machines, xenforo, woltlab, rss

• mayapoppa
    commented on 's reply
    Well that didn't work...
    Maybe I request the ability to post .gifs in comments?
    In the meantime...http://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-ca...-nqnKLdvSJEsiA

• mayapoppa
    commented on 's reply
    Like this, but with meat instead of cats?

<iframe src=&quot;//giphy.com/embed/nqnKLdvSJEsiA&quot; width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;269&quot; frameBorder=&quot;0&quot; class=&quot;giphy-embed&quot; allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href=&quot;http://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-cat-technology-nqnKLdvSJEsiA&quot;>via GIPHY</a></p>

• Pork Lord
    commented on 's reply
    I would post way more pics of my cooks if this site were more mobile friendly. I wonder if it's possible to make it as easy to post pics like it is on Face Book from your phone?

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    I think the page numbers at the top is a cool idea (mentioned above). We'll see if it can be done. On the comments, we just went to 300. What do you think is a good number?

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    The better solution is to just make the site more mobile friendly rather than write a whole new app.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here