Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improvements to The Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    I concur Ribeye.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 2, 2016, 06:48 PM.

• ribeyeguy
    replied
    It's a great forum just as it is now. Why change anything?

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    RichBrew , I'm able to pull up the videos here on the pit series forum by using my web app on my smart tv. Have to log into the pit as normal.. just takes a while without a keyboard and mouse... but a friendlier version would rock.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    I'd like to keep the join date and # of posts but we might be able to get rid of a lot of the grey space. Would be good to ask Glenn to play around with it in development.

Everyone - keep in mind our signatures are hidden unless you scroll over them. That alone makes us more compact than most forums.

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    How important is it to show join date and number of posts?

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    We are not trying to integrate with Drupal. Drupal has nothing to do with anything in here. On this page all mentions of Drupal are by you. What we do want is for the navigation in here to be similar to out there so people will be able to navigate more easily.

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Subforums: Remember, The Pit is still young. Most have more than 20 comments and the few with less thematically belong. We are questioning the butcher section which does not seem to be getting much use.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    If a person wants to engage in a discussion about your cook, and your cook is the topic of the thread, then they should post their question as a reply. If it's off the topic of the thread then you two should chat by comments while everyone else continues the on topic discussion through replies.

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    So if I post something I've cooked and someone posts a comment wanting to know what I did, you'd prefer that I quote it and post the recipe downthread? That takes up more space and disconnects the comment spatially from the question.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    mgaretz here are my thoughts on the comment system, and why it is the way it is (post #17). I think 300 is a very good #.
    I tried to post a comment and got an error. It said, "Error: Maximum number of characters exceeded. It cannot be more than 250 characters. The current

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply

• Jaytee
    commented on 's reply
    David Parrish as far as I can tell Tapatalk supports private forums. might be worth investigating further, it would give you several of the suggestions on this thread...

• Henrik
    replied
    Great to hear! When it comes to UI, I would really love to see some kind of compact reading view. By that I mean that each "entry" or post takes up way too much screen real estate. Take a look at the attached screenshot of the three posts just above this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	readingview.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	153267

So, just to read those three lines, I have to do a lot of scrolling...

I'm thinking that if we could minimize or shrink the lefthand gray section (user profile), it would be a nicer/quicker user experience. That profile section could be shown on mouse-over (hover) instead.

It could look something more along the lines of:

Mbmorgan: If it ain't broke...
    Jon Solberg: We need flying monkeys. That be really cool. : )
    DWCowles: and here we go again

Perhaps too spartan for some, but you get what I'm after...

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    and here we go again 😏

Leave a comment:

• RichBrew
    commented on 's reply
    I LOVE the idea of the videos being in a format viewable on a smart tv.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here