Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to suppress the "share" bar at the bottom of every page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this kind of thing can get annoying, but I figure I've exhausted my complaint allotment for the year. From what I've seen with issues like this before, the people who administer the site aren't the ones who actually use the site. The owners want everyone to be able to share an article easily to get more hits. Presto, install plugin to enable instant sharing. Done and done, put it out of mind. The people who are running around using the site on a daily basis (and loving it) get kind of annoyed at the bar taking up space. Plus every time they scroll down, it has to do an animation where it scrolls down, too. When you're making a recipe, you need as much as possible clear so you don't have to wipe your smudgy hands again and move the screen.

The solution is to look at the plugin's stats to see exactly how many shares people are doing, and with which services. How many times does amazingribs.com get posted to G+? Do people actually use it? A 'share' button is clearly needed in this day and age, but maybe this particular implementation could be better crafted and offer better performance.

For what it's worth, I don't see it, because I use my laptop with Firefox with adblocker and privacy badger everywhere I go. I loaded IE without any protection and it appeared on the left side, not really distracting IMO.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      I am always listening and your comments are welcome!

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 as well as Firefox. Both have it at the bottom. Totally agree with Lost in China.

Comment

The share bar is on the left on wide browsers, and it has a (small) hide arrow. It is on the bottom on smaller browsers and it has no hide arrow. We are actively trying to fix this.

Comment

Great! Thank you! Really appreciate you working on this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here