Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to suppress the "share" bar at the bottom of every page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to suppress the "share" bar at the bottom of every page?

Just joined the pitmaster club. Have enjoyed the Ribs and pulled pork articles and now diving into smoking a Turkey for Easter. That being said, I don't remember having the "share" bar at the bottom fixed to the bottom of the window. It really interferes with reading and scrolling. Any way it can be relegated to something less intrusive? It takes up a comparatively huge amount of screen space for little to no value. Most other sites just have buttons on the side or at the very top and/or bottom of the page, not fixed to the screen bottom so it is there while you scroll.

Enjoy the site,

Thanks

Welcome aboard ... but not seeing a share bar here. What OS and browser are you using?

Edit: As it turns out I am seeing the share bar (only on the main site) ... just never noticed it before this thread.
    Last edited by MBMorgan; March 27, 2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I also see it. Here is a screenshot from my iPad. It's much more noticeable on iPhone since that little bit of space is a big deal on a small screen.
      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome webdad

Comment

Welcome to The Pit webdad

Comment

Welcome WD.

Wow I never even noticed this before. I can see it now that you pointed it out. Here's the shot of an I6. Its not in the way here much.

Attached Files
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; March 27, 2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

webdad, Welcome to The Pit! I haven't noticed the Share Bar? I am going searching for my Eurika Moment!
              💐 Happy Easter 🐣 Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I use a Mac platform Firefox browser with ghostrey & have it set to block every thing so I don't get the bar anymore but if you add this site as a trusted site the bar will come back. anyone that uses any of the social Medea sites is just asking for trouble just saying.

Comment

I access this site from my iPhone, Mac, and PC at work (shhh) and that has never appeared and I don't do anything special to block. Sorry that's not helpful. Weird that it appears to some and it others.

Welcome. I joined not to long a go and my Q has already improved.

Comment

I haven't even noticed the bar before. I don't think there's a setting that will suppress it, but I'll ask.

Comment

I get it on my mobile device, but only on the main site.

Comment

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I forwarded the question to Big Jim since it's a main site thing. We'll see what he says.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                      I get it on my mobile device, but only on the main site.

Same here. Also, I get it on my PC (using Chrome/Win 7) as a stationary side bar on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post

Same here. Also, I get it on my PC (using Chrome/Win 7) as a stationary side bar on the left.
                        Same here, on my PC (Win 10, Firefox) it's on the left, way over in the blank tan sidebar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	151712

Comment

I see it on the main site, looks like Huskee's pic but do not see it in the pit.

Comment

Same thing here, I see it on the main site but not in the pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here