Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Suggestion

To Mr. Meathead -

I'm a short time member but really enjoy the site. It is informative, instructional, and even social. Your site has cut my learning curve in things smoke, grill, and barbecue. Also I do it with safety in mind thanks to your stressing its importance. I'm certain the community members feel the same as I do and could add much more the list.

Anyway, I was wondering if you have considered offering a similar feature to the site? I would enjoy reading a revolving article where questions can be submitted by the community to you or featured guests to answer over a general or specific topic. Somewhat similar to an interview basis.

A notice can be posted announcing a certain topic and soliciting questions from the community with the answers to be published in a future month. The submissions could be emailed to a dedicated site address. They can be reviewed and a certain population selected to be answered. The article can list the question and the answered by you or another qualified master.

It might be interesting if a guest chef or pit master could be queued up and solicit questions. They can be assembled and submitted privately to the guest to answer and then be published.

Anyway, maybe I've had too much scotch already, but thought I'd suggest it. Being new, maybe you already do this or have tried it already. If so, I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 26, 2016, 12:29 PM.

...forwarded to Meathead. Cool idea!

Comment

I like the idea on the surface. Of course people can ask those questions at any time on any topic either here or on the free part of the website and I and the moderators are all over them. I wouldn't want to make them wait for an answer. That said. I am hoping Clint, our new "anchorman" will post his interview schedule soon and then people can target questions at the guests, so that's sorta like what you are asking for.

Comment

I like the idea too.👍

Comment

Meathead, Huskee, and Jerod Broussard - thanks for considering it and the feedback.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here