Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos on the way posting and editing is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos on the way posting and editing is done

I wanted to thank the forum for it being set up to be able to delete a post. I double posted a comment this morning and said Oh Drat as most times it cannot be deleted. To mu pleasant surprise I was given that option when I went to edit it.

Another thing is the automatic save and restore functions when writing a comment or post. I had a very lengthy post I was writing this morning and bump the wrong key and the page chagned. That usually means you just lost all your work. Not here on the Pit. It auto saved my work and when I broght the page i wanted up I just clicked restore and my work was back

Major Kudos for whoever set up the forum.

Barry

Thank you Sir! That would be yours truly.

Comment

I can't remember how many times on other forums I have typed a lengthy reply just to lose it because of an erroneously hit key. Sounds like you have BTDT Dave. Again Thanks!

Comment

• BruceB
        BruceB commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to echo Marauderer's comments on the setup and management of this forum.

I've been on a LOT of forums, and moderated a bit, and this is a great mix with the features and options Mar pointed out, and no squabbling. Keep it up!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bruce. It helps that we have a lot of great members that keep the content meaningful and friendly. Takes a village...

I can't remember how many times I did the same with my liver in puerto rico and couldn't delete them in the morning...

just sayin

Comment

You are BAD Jon.

Comment

I know this sounds stupid but were do you go to find the restore thingy?

Comment

It appears in a yellowish box above the post box and tells you that you have previously entered text and would you like to restore or delete it. I've been trying to recreate it to grab a screenshot but not having much luck with that.

edit:

That is if there is actually something to recover.
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 1, 2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here