Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server down for an hour or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had trouble logging into Gmail about 1:45-2:15pm ET yesterday afternoon, but not The Pit. I wonder if it was location-based? I do know last Friday, 12/30, there was a Cloudflare error affecting The Pit for about 30-45 mins, but I never heard anything about yesterday.

Comment

I had problems also. But I just wrote it off to me being a retard (I missed the whole PC thing!)

Comment

I just got back from getting more peace for the peace pipe and no AR...

Comment

I figure it was Russian hackers who also boil their ribs.

Comment

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            Because they are terrorists and they want to win.

Just had the same problem as yesterday, but only for about 15 minutes this time.

Comment

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            15 minutes for me today. Do you panic when this happens?

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            RichieB Only a little, deep breaths will carry me for 16 minutes. But if it lasts any longer I start chewing my finger nails and then the hives start erupting. After an hour and I need heavy tranquillizers!

• Allon
            Allon commented
            Editing a comment
            @ofelles

Try a nice long hit from a peace pipe.

You'll still know it's not there. You'll just forget why you wanted to go...

I haven't had the problem since it originally occurred. All good now.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. There has been a small issue with the database locking up. Happened twice this week. I am working on finding the cause.
            Last edited by raywjohnson; January 6, 2023, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• RichieB
              RichieB commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks again the update. It helps my panic attacks. It's driving me to drink. Good reason, right like I need one.

• WayneT
              WayneT commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for chasing down those bit bucket pirates. Cipher on!

Update. I am using a database tuning script to help guide the configuration settings. I needs at least 24 hours to collect good data. I did use it to tweak the database configuration a bit. And I found 5 corrupted tables. 4 were not critical, buy still possibly part of the problem. Those are all fixed. The CPU usage seems to have returned to normal for the database service.

When I complete the next upgrade (like in 2 days), I will to a full re-index of the search. And rebuild the forum and topic stats.

And then do another full checkout of the database.

Comment

• Washblue
              Washblue commented
              Editing a comment
              So you’re sayin’ I need to get back on the BBQ talk withdrawal support group…?
              The group’s first act will be to convince the members/sufferers from sitting there, in the middle of the night, hitting refresh… refresh… refresh… refresh… refresh…

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here