Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information Cards

I was in Home Depot today looking for a 30# Propane bottle for the 5th wheel and was told they were in the BBQ section which they were not, But there was a couple there looking at BBQ's so I introduced myself and asked if I could help as I do have some limited knowledge, they were happy that I did and advised they didn't have a clue on what to buy, I mentioned the Kettle was a good option but recommended the visit AmazingRibs.com and explained what the benefits were and how my cooking was improved, they thanked me with a smile on their faces and headed out the door. Possible saved them some money, frustration, and another viewer for the site.

For times like this, it would be nice to have an information card the size of a business card that we could print out on business card stock, I know I have a pile of it laying around and I know I could just make one, but I don't think it is my place, an official format from Meathead would be nice. Carry On.

Thank you!!!! What an interesting idea! I would be happy to print some cards the size of biz cards for people who want to hand them out (they have a meat color chart on the back side). We are also giving away 4 x 5 temp charts, not as complete as the one you got, with a promo for the site and the book on the back. We are trying to get them into BBQ stores and BBQ restaurants. Email me your address and I'll have some biz cards made up and send them to you. I'm [email protected]

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Meathead,@JohnF, John must be in Marketing and if it wasn't a One Time Offer Meathead you can put my name
      On a few of those Cards also I would like to purchase some of the 4x5 temp charts! One word of Caution Meathead, I used to have one those Jobs driving arround the Country with a Trunk Load of Caps and Belt Buckles! If you gave the Bas---d a Cap, he wanted a Belt Buckle, and if you added a Buckle to the Pile of Loot, the Cheap SOB'S WOULD WANT YOU TO THROW IN A PAIR OF BOOTS? Now you have been forewarned
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

• JohnF
      JohnF commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, not in Marketing, I am a US Government certified aircraft mechanic, in February it will be 50 Years.

So I've talked to people and thunk about this for a while and printing and mailing cards to members would be cost prohibitive. So I thought I could supply you with a pdf template that is compatible with Avery business card stock available in all office supply stores and online. I agonized over all kinds of clever things to put on it, and I ended up with something very simple and boring (jpg attached). It would be fun to put some sort of motto on it. Anybody have an ideas?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Meathead, How about: "Where The Pigs and I Sit In Smoke"

I like it. I texted someone a link to the PBC page yesterday, but it sure would have been nice to just hand a card because they could not for the life of them remember Amazingribs.

Comment

Great idea! How about "Learn to smoke not burn" "Keep your BBQ from going up in smoke" "Learn from our mistakes so you don't have to make your own"

Comment

It's been hiding in plain sight all along: "The Science of Great Barbeque and Grilling" ...

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
          Powersmoke_80 commented
          Editing a comment
          Genius!

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Doh!

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          There is something to be said about the forest and the trees.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here